DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA DRONE REGISTRATION

Fair enough, but suppose you did want to sell it. I certainly wouldn't want it, I'd rather buy it new.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Well then if and when I did sell it, I wouldn't have to worry about you wanting to buy it! I don't understand why you even had to reply with your statement. Even if I did sell it, it wouldn't be new, it would be used. So I guess your reply really didn't make any sense at all!!

Well then if and when I did sell it, I wouldn't have to worry about you wanting to buy it! I don't understand why you even had to reply with your statement. Even if I did sell it, it wouldn't be new, it would be used. So I guess your reply really didn't make any sense at all!!

No offense intended. I don't like used products that have scribbles on them. It's just me.

So if your a Visa,Green card holder or an illegal alien---you don't have to register. ???

You have to register, period. (Cit, GreenCard, Visitor, ... even illegal alien). Depending on your status you're either "registered" or a "recognized owner". (This for a non-commercial CofR).FAACertDrone.png

Crap this is the site that I used :( it was the first one that popped up when Google search [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, they actually did process my application with the FAA and I quickly received my registration # from the FAA. Also, no unusual activity on my credit card.

Reactions: dragoon218
Well it puts me at ease a little bit. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a "Part 107" certified Unmanned Arial Systems Airman (Drone Pilot). It is my understanding that the following is true:

1) If you are piloting an unmanned ariel system (drone) within the weight range specified by the FAA, you must fly it with your individual registration number affixed to the bird. This number is associated with YOU and only with the bird because you own and fly it.
2) It does NOT matter whether you are flying for fun or for commercial purposes, the rule still applies.
3) The FAA does not care a whit about whether you own a zillion drones that you purchase or make. The FAA has been charged by Congress with the duty to do their best to keep the "National Airspace" safe, and to have machines that are operating in the "National Airspace" safe as much as is in their reasonable power. So they only care that you have identification of the reponsible person (your registraiton number) affixed to the bird if and when you own and fly it in the National Air Space. It is NOT registration of your drones except through you. The registration number identifies the owner/operator.
4) There are no competency tests or requirements for the registration.
5) This registration requirement is really the absolute minimal thing that a regulatory body could do to demonstrate to Congress that they are doing what the law requires as a mandate to them as an agency. Actually this minimalist requirement has been the result of a huge amount of lobbying by hobbyist and commercial individuals and organizations over the last decade to make the regs minimal, which they are.

Could be infinitely worse
We all want to be able to know what individual screwed up with their drone if something bad happens, dont you think?

Reactions: PropPilot
The only new ones are at the factory or store.. Once you buy it----it's used.
Maybe I'm not being clear. I have no objections to a used drone, I'm just very picky about it. If I buy one, it has to be fully functional and have no scrapes and scratches or scribbles or any other kind of marking on it not done by my own hand. I'm just very picky about it. I have a bit of OCD so if I new I got a scratched or scribbled on unit, it would eat at me forever.

Maybe I'm not being clear. I have no objections to a used drone, I'm just very picky about it. If I buy one, it has to be fully functional and have no scrapes and scratches or scribbles or any other kind of marking on it not done by my own hand. I'm just very picky about it. I have a bit of OCD so if I new I got a scratched or scribbled on unit, it would eat at me forever.
Well then you probably wouldn't want mine anyway. It has a skin also. Lol

Attachments

• 0201171939-1.jpg
    0201171939-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Could be infinitely worse
We all want to be able to know what individual screwed up with their drone if something bad happens, dont you think?

It makes sense. Someone is going to interface with a full size aircraft and it allows the FEDS to figure out who the idiot was and take appropriate action. It is small cost to be able to pilot something around in the sky.

You want the FAA Registration from the .gov domain and at the very least an AMA membership from modelaircraft.org. Gives you the Liability insurance in which every forest preserve or field will require. You'll be forced to spend as much as full coverage is on a car if you use is commercial as the AMA won't cover commercial.

You register "you" - not the drone. So if you have 3 drones, they all have the same reg. on them. They want traceability to the owner/operator - not the drone.

The thing is carrying a copy of your FAA Registration Number on a piece of paper sooner or later it will get lost of you will have to keep making copies. I went on Etsy and found a person that sells the card. Just give him your info and they will ship pretty fast. Beats carrying another piece of paper

by JAGiDshop

The thing is carrying a copy of your FAA Registration Number on a piece of paper sooner or later it will get lost of you will have to keep making copies. I went on Etsy and found a person that sells the card. Just give him your info and they will ship pretty fast. Beats carrying another piece of paper

If you register via the FAA site you receive a PDF copy via e-mail. Just save a copy of that on your smart phone. Indeed, put a copy in the microSD on board the craft...

Reactions: Gooze0520
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne