DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Number When You Sell Your Aircraft?

chezedog

Reactions
Might sell my ol' Phantom 1, and all the stuff that comes with it, but I wonder: Do I remove my FAA number, or can it be transferred to the new owner? I'm sure I'm not the first...

Your FAA registration number isn't assigned to a specific aircraft, it covers all that you own. So, you should remove your number from it before you sell. If you buy a new one then the new one will be your same FAA registration number.

Reactions: skygoose
Unless you are flying under Part 107, your aircraft has no unique number. YOU do. If you registered your aircraft under Part 107, however, you should cancel the registration for the aircraft with the FAA through the 'FAA DroneZone' web page in the Part 107 Dashboard.

Reactions: skygoose
If the number is for me, rather than the aircraft, was getting a new one for the Mavic Pro an error?

was getting a new one for the Mavic Pro an error?
You don't need a second number, but it's perfectly fine to have a second number. That just means you're out an extra $5.

So which is it? :rolleyes:
You made a mistake by registering twice. However, there's nothing wrong with registering more than once.

The FAA might refund one of the registrations if you ask them. I'm not sure it would be worth the time you're going to spend achieving that though.

Ah, OK. I don't care about the money, I just don't want to make the FAA mad at me!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman