DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Part 107 Recertification

what actual useful thing does registering a drone do?
Shall I register my kite too?
Education on airspace, privacy, and saftey is great, do that.
Creating a bureaucracy for sUAS tracking at our wasted cost, don't do that.

I don't understand either. Violations of the FAA regulations can land you in front of an administrative law judge with significant civil penalties hanging in the balance. FAA regulations all seem theoretical until you're a defendant up against highly trained FAA lawyers/prosecutors.
Yep, and registering a drone, getting your 107...change nothing. The normal regulation of airspace and liability are all you need to know to get in trouble.
You see, they added a layer of extra rules on top of what was already enough.
They mixed the idea of education with non-free ($160) regulation, and called it done. The only reason they get away with it it is has no real effect, and those of us that take pride in flying model airplanes like the idea of some certification. Its fake though.
If there was a problem that could be fixed, the recreational flyers would never have been left out of the 107 test.

what actual useful thing does registering a drone do?
Shall I register my kite too?
Education on airspace, privacy, and saftey is great, do that.
Creating a bureaucracy for sUAS tracking at our wasted cost, don't do that.

Oh I see - you just don't like having to register your drone in the first place. I'll quit wasting time discussing this.

I know, seems like I want to argue. It's not that, its more like I feel the FAA did a dis-service to manned pilots, who really want to know actual risks.
You think, "oh, drone people now have certs, they must be more safe than before". That is false, in real terms.
Reality is we just tell non-sUAS pilots "be more careful, there are more drones around than ever, especially since people know how close they can legally get to an airport".
anyway, a bit rantish I know...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078