DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA permission to fly near airport?

Dont fly your toy by airports, Dont fly your toy over crowds of people, Dont fly your toy so high that it can interfere with airplanes. Keep your toy where you can see it at all times.

There you go OP. I saved you $150 on your education, and you didnt have to read a bunch of things that dont involve toy flying.

Op. This guy doesn’t know what he doesn’t
know. He’s clueless. Anyone who disparages others for getting education and learning and suggests others do like him and remain ignorant is a moron. Dude, seriously, a few of us suggest a newbie gets formal education on the subject and you disparage them. What is your issue? Why pick fights? Go get a life.

Are you mad? I am not entitled to an opinion?
If you register as commercial, Then you have to get your state and federal tax ID#'s, and Liability Insurance at the very least. I feel it wont be long and a Bond will also be required. If you dont do these things, then you are illegal even with your 107. Not everyone wants all the hassle just to hobby fly a 1 pound toy.
So if you plan on being a commercial drone pilot, BE COMMERCIAL. Thats fine, but dont suggest that it makes one a better or safer pilot. Plenty of part 107 crashes and flyaways posted here to prove my point.
part 107 is not just to say "I am smarter and safer because I paid for the higher level registration"

If you register as commercial, Then you have to get your state and federal tax ID#'s, and Liability Insurance at the very least. I feel it wont be long and a Bond will also be required. If you dont do these things, then you are illegal even with your 107. Not everyone wants all the hassle just to hobby fly a 1 pound toy.
So if you plan on being a commercial drone pilot, BE COMMERCIAL. Thats fine, but dont suggest that it makes one a better or safer pilot. Plenty of part 107 crashes and flyaways posted here to prove my point.
part 107 is not just to say "I am smarter and safer because I paid for the higher level registration"

A 107 pilot that can Hold position come far and few between
Or
Ask em to read a sectional chart and they start tweaking for apps:(

I never said I was smarter, as to being safer, I believe learning all the rules of airspace does make you safer, not just in flying, but with everything in life. With that said, If you fly your “toy” in the middle of nowhere and keep below 400’, then likely you will be relatively safe.

Also, you are completely wrong about having to open a business to be licensed commercial. You can have a commercial certificate and adhere to 107 rules without having a business. Second, stating crashes for 107’s is evidence that 107’s are unsafe, or just as unsafe as hobbyists? What’s your point? That statement means nothing and is a complete red herring. (Yes, commercial bus drivers get in accidents too, does that prove they are more or less safe driving a bus, no it doesn’t, it’s meaningless. )

As to being safer, if you tell me you understand all airspace rules and regs fine. Without that, you are flying handicapped. I review FAA sectional charts, notams, tfr’s before I fly and I follow a checklist. All things learned by getting certified. Getting certified also opens up tons more flying areas be because you can fly closer to class g airports without seeking permission, and you can get permission via laanc to fly in more restricted airspace as well. In some parts of the country, airports are everywhere.

Yes, you can have an opinion and you can do it without being derisive. You could have just said, well my opinion is you can fly safely by avoiding crowds and airports etc, but that’s not what you did.

Op. This guy doesn’t know what he doesn’t
know. He’s clueless. Anyone who disparages others for getting education and learning and suggests others do like him and remain ignorant is a moron. Dude, seriously, a few of us suggest a newbie gets formal education on the subject and you disparage them. What is your issue? Why pick fights? Go get a life.
You started with the name calling. I am smarter than that.
I didnt mean to upset you, just pointed out that not everyone needs a part 107 simply for bragging rights, or to fly in protected airspace, Or even to make you FEEL like a real pilot.
The OP wanted to know if he could take some pictures and gift them. Simple as that.
There is NO REASON to encourage someone to get a commercial registration if they do not want to be commercial. If you want to fly in restricted airspace, go ahead. If you think that is being safer than me staying well away from it.

You started with the name calling. I am smarter than that.
I didnt mean to upset you, just pointed out that not everyone needs a part 107 simply for bragging rights, or to fly in protected airspace, Or even to make you FEEL like a real pilot.
The OP wanted to know if he could take some pictures and gift them. Simple as that.
There is NO REASON to encourage someone to get a commercial registration if they do not want to be commercial. If you want to fly in restricted airspace, go ahead. If you think that is being safer than me staying well away from it.

There you go again, being derisive and insulting. You are not as smart as you think you are. You may not “call names” but you are rude, uncivil, and derisive in your posts. You started this with that attitude. Look in the mirror.

A 107 pilot that can Hold position come far and few between
Or
Ask em to read a sectional chart and they start tweaking for apps:(

So there it is... you have an inferiority complex for anyone that has a 107. You insult all of us. Got it.

There you go again, being derisive and insulting. You are not as smart as you think you are. You may not “call names” but you are rude, uncivil, and derisive in your posts. You started this with that attitude. Look in the mirror.
We just have different opinions, that is all. The answer to every question asked here about using pictures or video is NOT "go get your part 107." That is all I am saying. I dont know why that bothers you so much. I am done.

So there it is... you have an inferiority complex for anyone that has a 107. You insult all of us. Got it.
If it don’t apply let it fly

Was just poking at Most Pilots Achilles heel
Fly Safe

@ColinF no hard feelings Pilot

Oh yeah
I’m a little envious of Commercial Pilots, I’ll admit.
Sober;)

Do you get it yet? Arrogance and a 107 make you BETTER than everyone with a 336! :D
You do know 336 was repealed? And that the so called 'guidelines' a lot of folks think they don't have to follow are now actual rules? And there's even talk that you - yes you- will have to pass a test one day soon?

Reactions: ColinF
You do know 336 was repealed? And that the so called 'guidelines' a lot of folks think they don't have to follow are now actual rules? And there's even talk that you - yes you- will have to pass a test one day soon?
I will take that test. Piece of cake, just like the 107 test. I never fly beyond the rules anyway. I just dont like that Part 107 pilots seem to have something to prove, and answer every post like the OP with "you must have a part 107" When that is not always the case.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
And there's even talk that you - yes you- will have to pass a test one day soon?
& Hopefully one day, registration at time of purchase.

A license to operate and insurance sounds good to most.
Hopefully then We could all go fly in peace.

I just dont like that Part 107 pilots seem to have something to prove, and answer every post like the OP with "you must have a part 107" When that is not always the case.
For Years I’ve been dealing with this crap:mad:
Makes you feel the need to vent on occasions

When flown within five miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator or the airport air traffic Bluestacks TextNow VPN control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation.

Last edited:
When flown within five miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator or the airport air traffic Bluestacks TextNow VPN control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation.

Unless of course you have your 107 then you can just fly. (Please don’t yell at me non 107 holders as I mean no offense. Just stating facts.)

I will take that test. Piece of cake, just like the 107 test. I never fly beyond the rules anyway. I just dont like that Part 107 pilots seem to have something to prove, and answer every post like the OP with "you must have a part 107" When that is not always the case.

Who said “you must have a 107”? Earlier I suggested a newbie go for it and take the test then I got yelled at.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak