DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration issues HELP

michaelz850

Reactions
I know we have the government shutdown issues going on but I paid to register my drone over 2 weeks ago using the FAA website, they took my money, responded back telling me to look out for a confirmation email within 48 hours and if not to call and or email them back.

Long story short I have responded back to them 5 times and I get nothing back! The phone lines goto voicemail and they are full and can’t take any messages at this time! Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do?

I want to legally register my new DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone so that I can fly legally, but this is getting ridiculous! Two weeks later! I get the government is dealing with the shutdown but they weren’t to busy to take my money and let me make an account with them!

Are you doing a 107 registration or are you just an amateur?

Right now I’m just doing the basic registration to fly my drone legally, I plan on taking the 107 in the future but until I get my drone legally registered I’m grounded except for any flights where I’m taking that risk of someone hating on me and calling the law!

I’ve already had one neighbor tell me he was gonna shoot my drone down if I flew it anywhere near his house! Go ahead and let’s see what the cops have to say! Two wrongs don’t make anything right!

All I want to do is register my drone, fly legally so I can take photos of my family and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the sunshine state! Pensacola Florida!

Have you ever had a registration before this drone? With amateur you’re actually registering the pilot, so one registration is good for all drones.

I'm puzzled - your registration should be on the FAA registration website under the Section 336 dashboard - you shouldn't need to wait for an email.

1f66629737dddbd0b47accec8d2aa447.jpg
deb40fee69bebdc7b377fe93d44d67ae.jpg

Here are two screen shots from the FAA website from 1-23-19 it’s been almost 2 weeks, but still you can see where they stayed 48 hours and to this day I haven’t received anything except for where they billed my credit card!

That doesn't look like the FAA website to me. Wrong emblem and title. Are you sure that you are on the official website?

1d8e56f6f25843ebd85dfebd48314cb9.jpg

This is the website I registered my drone on. Web address is listed below, please tell me I didn’t use the wrong one and got scammed! If so I’m definitely calling my credit card company first thing in the morning to report this as fraud! They took the money, it was only $52.00 but it’s still my money and a waste if I got scammed!

FAADroneZone

1d8e56f6f25843ebd85dfebd48314cb9.jpg

This is the website I registered my drone on. Web address is listed below, please tell me I didn’t use the wrong one and got scammed! If so I’m definitely calling my credit card company first thing in the morning to report this as fraud! They took the money, it was only $52.00 but it’s still my money and a waste if I got scammed!

FAADroneZone

No - those screenshots are the correct website. I guess the entire process was broken by the shutdown.

Reactions: michaelz850
No - those screenshots are the correct website. I guess the entire process was broken by the shutdown.

I sure hope so because I left a nice message with them just a little while ago, I understand the shut down but they had no problem taking my money and letting me make an account but have yet to respond back in the past 11 days

sar104 is right, that was the fake chicken seal USA logo website that looks like it copied parts of the FAA website to look like the real one. It only costs $5 on the correct FAA website to register - sorry, but you either got scammed or they are doing a terrible slow service for the $52 they charged you. Do a chargeback ASAP, and look at the URL’s on your browser history and post it here to put up the red flag about them.

Dont Google for the FAA link to register your drone by using terms like “drone registration “, because many that show up on top of the search results, like that chicken logo one, has a URL that ends in .net, not .gov. It is a commercial site that charges you to register you for a very high fee, and apparently has really bad service. Use this link to get to the correct FAA website:

FAADroneZone

Last edited:
I sure hope so because I left a nice message with them just a little while ago, I understand the shut down but they had no problem taking my money and letting me make an account but have yet to respond back in the past 11 days
The FAA does not sell registrations that cost $52, so it appears you didn't actually register on the FAA's site.

If you haven't already done so, you just need to go here and register under Section 336 by clicking here:

1549194948379.png

Yes - as noted above it appears that you initially registered on one of the scam sites - hence the fake logo etc. That original site that you posted screenshots of is not the official FAA website, faadronezone.gov, even though the later shots you posted were. And if the $52 that you wrote is not a typo then that's confirmation, since the FAA website registration fee is just $5.

Yes - as noted above it appears that you initially registered on one of the scam sites - hence the fake logo etc. That original site that you posted screenshots of is not the official FAA website, faadronezone.gov, even though the later shots you posted were. And if the $52 that you wrote is not a typo then that's confirmation, since the FAA website registration fee is just $5.

Apparently you are right, the first screen shot tells me to goto the FAA website if I haven’t heard anything so I did that and now I just went to the site again and instantly got back the drone registration # for $5! I will be calling my credit card company to report this fake company as fraud!
16959d78dcd1cc66c163da9da462b3c6.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661