DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My Mavic pro is currently registered with FAA as recreational.
I recently passed my part 107, so now how do I go and change the
Same drone to commercial..
I’ve gone to the site but nothing I have seen really helped.

I just canceled the hobbyist reg number and registered mine under Part 107

I just cancelled and reregistered under 107.
Thank u all

Well done. Keep in mind that you can fly both Recreationally and Commercially when you have a Commercial Registration. Good call :)

Well done. Keep in mind that you can fly both Recreationally and Commercially when you have a Commercial Registration. Good call :)
Thank u BigA107..
I did not know that commercial covered both
So thank u for that info..
Somehow I guess I registered twice cause it cost $10 and they are different numbers but that’s ok cause I plan on buying an inspire 2 soon so I can just submit its serial number and attach it to one of the two numbers I presume?
Thanks again

Reactions: reaganbp
Thank u BigA107..
I did not know that commercial covered both
So thank u for that info..
Somehow I guess I registered twice cause it cost $10 and they are different numbers but that’s ok cause I plan on buying an inspire 2 soon so I can just submit its serial number and attach it to one of the two numbers I presume?
Thanks again
No, because under Part 107 the registration is linked to a specific serial number.

No, because under Part 107 the registration is linked to a specific serial number.
I see..
Oh well, it’s all good..
I’ll just register the inspire when I get it..
Thank u for the info..
Idk how but you always have the answers here..
Especially the hard stuff like reading those ten thousand Mile long data thingies from dji and airdata..
See idk what to even call them but u know!!
Lol..
Thanks again

How does hobby or 107 registration work when you replace your MA2 after a crash?
Hobby registration isn't linked to your serial number (you can use 1 recreational registration for all your drones), so you just use the same number with the replacement drone.

107 registration is linked to a serial, so you'd need to cancel the old registration and apply for a new number for the replacement drone.

Hobby registration isn't linked to your serial number (you can use 1 recreational registration for all your drones), so you just use the same number with the replacement drone.

107 registration is linked to a serial, so you'd need to cancel the old registration and apply for a new number for the replacement drone.
Why so slow to respond, dawgpilot? :-] - Seriously, thank you for the prompt response! Do you think I could just put my registration stickers for the recreational flights on all my batteries? Then for commercial use, I could label the actual drone and cancel and replace the registration when needed? Does that question make sense?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Why so slow to respond, dawgpilot? :-] - Seriously, thank you for the prompt response! Do you think I could just put my registration stickers for the recreational flights on all my batteries? Then for commercial use, I could label the actual drone and cancel and replace the registration when needed? Does that question make sense?

As long as you make sure the registration number is visible on an external surface of your drone, you should be able to put it anywhere you want. Personally I just put my label on the side of the drone.

If you later decide to register it under Part 107 you can just replace the label with one showing the 107 registration number.

As long as you make sure the registration number is visible on an external surface of your drone, you should be able to put it anywhere you want. Personally I just put my label on the side of the drone.

If you later decide to register it under Part 107 you can just replace the label with one showing the 107 registration number.
Ok. Cool. That makes me think I will put recreational labels on the outside of my batteries, and then put any future 107 registrations on the drone body. Thanks again for the help. Please feel free to add to it anytime.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Ok. Cool. That makes me think I will put recreational labels on the outside of my batteries, and then put any future 107 registrations on the drone body. Thanks again for the help. Please feel free to add to it anytime.
I would like to say this about the battery labeling...
I have had the unfortunate event of crashing a
Mavic pro, battery detached and was never found..
Idk if that really matters but I put my registration numbers on the drone...
I also have a number on one of the arms
But even that could break off in a serious crash..
Idk, just throwing it out there..
Good luck

I would like to say this about the battery labeling...
I have had the unfortunate event of crashing a
Mavic pro, battery detached and was never found..
Idk if that really matters but I put my registration numbers on the drone...
I also have a number on one of the arms
But even that could break off in a serious crash..
Idk, just throwing it out there..
Good luck
[/QUOTE

Even as a noob that seems like great food for thought for me. Because I have a MA2, my thought is that the battery will probably never drop out. However, if I take your advice I could just also put a non- permanent tag on the drone too. Please share any further thoughts. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Also note that each aircraft have ONE and ONLY ONE registration # on it. By labeling the batteries AND the aircraft you are violating the regs on aircraft registration. Also the aircraft itself should have the Reg# but there's not reason why you can't label BOTH but only the same #.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78