DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA seeking emergency action

For Part 107 pilots, this can’t come fast enough!

However, I’m not sure of the validity of the implied premise that the increase in “non-compliant operations” are a result of Part 107 pilots who are frustrated by the time it takes to process waivers. Of course, the delays in the current system ARE frustrating to a commercial operator and can have an impact on cash flow, but to assume that the increase in drone-related safety reports is due to Part 107 violations as opposed to Part 101 violations appears to be less that empirically considered.

Don’t get me wrong; as a Part 107 pilot I think an electronic waiver/authorization processing/granting system is needed. It seems to be the only way to balance the interests of safety and commerce. However, the article seemed to ignore the fact that an alternative explanation to the increase in non-compliant operations may be due, in some part, to the expanding popularity of drone piloting in the non-Part 107 sector. If this is a constituent factor, its non-compliant operations will be unaffected.

I’m all for an automated waiver system, but better explanation of the data used to support the FAA’s implied assumption should have been provided to/by the author.

Theo

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
As a 107 license holder, It amazes me that if I had a full pilots license, I could file a flight plan from the tarmac & get almost instant approval. I could probably get clearance to take off then file a flight plan while airborn. The FAA's definition of near instantaneous is bravo sierra. My bet is that the current approval of 90+ days will only go down to 2 weeks if we are lucky. How do I know? That is the spped and efficiency of our government. This $hit is costing me money!

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada