DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA steps in to help drone pilots

@sar104
I may rant on the FAA current regs, but definitely do appreciate that they defend us. Makes my $160 tax almost seem worth it :)
Note what is going on here - arguments between agencies on who controls what space. I might be impressed if it was about safety issues, or privacy, as that affects real people. But no, its about turf, not real impressed. At least the FAA seems to stand firm that its uncontrolled airspace, really is ITS uncontrolled airspace...LOL

Reactions: Thomas B and sar104
@sar104
I may rant on the FAA current regs, but definitely do appreciate that they defend us. Makes my $160 tax almost seem worth it :)
Note what is going on here - arguments between agencies on who controls what space. I might be impressed if it was about safety issues, or privacy, as that affects real people. But no, its about turf, not real impressed. At least the FAA seems to stand firm that its uncontrolled airspace, really is ITS uncontrolled airspace...LOL

Agreed. In this case, and it's possibly true too for some of the attempts by local authorities to exceed their jurisdiction, I think it's just a poor understanding on the part of the other agency to understand their authority.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13