DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA "Survey"

Goin Up

Reactions
Anyone else receive a alleged FAA "Survey" on recreational drone use:

(The FAA wants to know what you think about drones!
Calling all recreational drone flyers and modelers! The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is asking you to help us better understand and enhance the recreational flyer community’s interaction with the FAA. Your responses are intended to improve FAA outreach.)?

Calling all recreational drone flyers and modelers! The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is asking you to help us better understand and enhance the recreational flyer community’s interaction with the FAA. Your responses are intended to improve FAA outreach.)?
I haven't gotten a survey, but it sounds a little sketchy to me just the same...did you receive it in an official form?

Others have - I have not. HERE is a thread

OK, I filled it out. I think they want to get a general handle on recreational drone use. I did note there seemed to be one "trick" question where they asked if you "would like to hear from the FAA Re: flying over crowds of people" As the answer is always no, I didn't respond to it. I posted an additional comment that UAV pilots shout NOT be required to be affiliated w/a organization such as the AMA - Because, some of us live in rural/semi-rural areas where there are no such organizations. The entire text of the e-mail is as follows:

The FAA wants to know what you think about drones!

"Calling all recreational drone flyers and modelers! The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is asking you to help us better understand and enhance the recreational flyer community’s interaction with the FAA. Your responses are intended to improve FAA outreach.

Your responses to the questionnaire are voluntary, completely anonymous, and will only take about 3 minutes to complete.

Please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire:

Recreational Flyer Drone Questionnaire"

I received the survey a week or so ago took it no worries. Pretty basic not much to it. It's not the first survey I've received from the FAA in regards to drone flight

Umm, I hope I wasn’t supposed to be nice, because I wasn’t. These rules are getting out of hand quick, the reigns need a real good hard yanking, and I HOPE it did some good.

Others have - I have not. HERE is a thread
Thanks Mavic Mac but this is over a year old. Wouldn't they have compiled all the data by now? Even if they haven't, so much has changed since then I can't image that their questions have changed. I want to fill it out but I was wondering if their is a more recent FAA request. I didn't see a link to the questionnaire on that old page so I could take it. EDIT: never mind . . . I found it.

OK, I filled it out. I think they want to get a general handle on recreational drone use. I did note there seemed to be one "trick" question where they asked if you "would like to hear from the FAA Re: flying over crowds of people" As the answer is always no, I didn't respond to it. I posted an additional comment that UAV pilots shout NOT be required to be affiliated w/a organization such as the AMA - Because, some of us live in rural/semi-rural areas where there are no such organizations. The entire text of the e-mail is as follows:

The FAA wants to know what you think about drones!

"Calling all recreational drone flyers and modelers! The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is asking you to help us better understand and enhance the recreational flyer community’s interaction with the FAA. Your responses are intended to improve FAA outreach.

Your responses to the questionnaire are voluntary, completely anonymous, and will only take about 3 minutes to complete.

Please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire:

Recreational Flyer Drone Questionnaire"

I don't think it is a trick question:
1568818691687.png

I filled it out . . . what I didn't like is I couldn't tell them how long I ACTUALLY fly which is 1-1/2 to 2 hours total that day. Perhaps they meant how long do you fly (per hop). So in that case each time I fly I take 4 (25 min) hops. They need to understand that the average pilot is up there a hell of a lot longer than half an hour.

I filled it out . . . what I didn't like is I couldn't tell them how long I ACTUALLY fly which is 1-1/2 to 2 hours total that day. Perhaps they meant how long do you fly (per hop). So in that case each time I fly I take 4 (25 min) hops. They need to understand that the average pilot is up there a hell of a lot longer than half an hour.
thay asked for the answer in mins you could have put in 120 min or 230 min what ever.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
thay asked for the answer in mins you could have put in 120 min or 230 min what ever.
It may have been my mistake . . . I just put 120. I didn't type minutes. But, it said choose a number between 1 and 30. I put 120 (it said no). I put 30 and it went to the next question. It definitely did not have minutes next to the 30.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka