DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA test centers are closed.

dirkclod

Reactions
This is a pretty obvious case where the FAA needs to extend current Part 107 certification until the testing centers can reopen and clear the backlog. It's disappointing that they haven't already figured that out and just done it, rather than pontificating about "potential" solutions.

Who really cares about 107 expiring right now?
I'm thinking the insurance companies would be the only ones, and I bet if you contact them they will waive that requirement so long as you were current when things shut down.
Other than that, I bet law enforcement would not even hassle you if you mentioned you were about to take the test and the centers shut down.
At least the extensions for current people should have been automatic when the centers shut down. But this is government, I almost forgot.

As far as renewing expired 107’s I don’t think that’s an issue
but don’t think you will be getting one at the moment
and almost forgot don’t knock the government over this.
Blame the virus.

Reactions: Thomas B
Why? the FAA should have made the extensions automatic. If drone flights had real meaning like manned flights, something like this would absolutely be handled well. We are meaningless to the FAA though. Congress forced them to make regulations so they did, and of course minimal effort will be put into our world by them. Then you have big players like amazon and any delivery business. They drive the next round like rediculous beacons that cost more than the drone. Class G is for Good luck.

Why? the FAA should have made the extensions automatic. If drone flights had real meaning like manned flights, something like this would absolutely be handled well. We are meaningless to the FAA though. Congress forced them to make regulations so they did, and of course minimal effort will be put into our world by them. Then you have big players like amazon and any delivery business. They drive the next round like rediculous beacons that cost more than the drone. Class G is for Good luck.
Look i am not going to argue with you over this it is what it is and thats it.
This virus caught everyone off guard and everyone is trying to cope.
Getting political is a slippery slope here so don't fall.

The testing facility in Leesburg, VA was still offering the test when I contacted them a few days ago. They do limit the amount of participants to follow the Covid-19 distancing mandates.

Reactions: dirkclod
My understanding is that not all testing centers in the US are closed, HERE is the PSI page that has a listing of all sites closed due to Covid19, scroll down and select USA.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well thats good to hear and hopefully there will be more soon.
Thanks for the updates guys Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb