DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed to download / install firmware for new MA2 on first use

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

My phone is a Huawei p20 and got my new Mavic Air 2. I charged the batteries each in a single fashion (not using the charging hub) and charged the RC too.

Downloaded the FlyApp, started the RC then started the drone.

Then I did the step to update the firmware but the update keeps failing, it seems to start downloading then gets to about 7% then fails. See attached image of the screen.

Battery and remote controls were fully charged, above 80% anyways. WiFi was working fine too.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Maybe I'm doing something dumb.
IMG_20200609_223356.jpg

Thanks Ro

Last edited:
try doing the up date very early in the morning when the internet is less busy ,

If all else fails, you can do the update from your PC or Mac via the DJI Assistant app.

If all else fails, you can do the update from your PC or Mac via the DJI Assistant app.
Hi All.
Thanks for the responses on this. If I use the DJI Assistant - would you've a link for how to do this?
-thanks Ro

I don't think there's an updated video for the Mavic Air 2, but this video shows the process for the original Mavic Air. It should be pretty much the same though.

Hey All,

I ended up using the DJI Assistant to update the firmware on the MA2. All updated ok thankfully. Was late so I wasn't able to test it out and actually fly then - but I will tomorrow.

Is it also recommended to update the firmware on the Remote Controller also?

Thanks Ro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002