DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed to stop motors in mid flight by CSC

ataskii

Reactions
Anybody ever tried to stop Mavic Air motors in mid-air?

I tried to test this yesterday and it failed :(

"Stopping Motors Mid-fight
Stopping motors mid-fight will cause the aircraft to crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-
fight in an emergency situation such as if a collision has occurred or if the aircraft is out of control and
is ascending/descending very quickly, rolling in the air, or if a motor has stalled. To stop the motors mid-
fight use the same CSC that was used to start the motors. "

If there is anyone who did it pls let me know. I like to understand what went wrong.

Thanks.... it is exactly what I did... > quote from manual in my question as well.
It WILL not stop the motors... therefore I was asking if anybody has any experience of actually doing it. I assume no one tried it for real since it will normally result a crash :)
I had my own reasons to test it and IT DOES NOT WORK mid-air :(

If you change the setting from default, in the app, yes it will work. However there are now parameters in the Aircraft firmware that may stop you from restarting the motors, if the craft is not level. Those too can be altered.

If you change the setting from default, in the app, yes it will work. However there are now parameters in the Aircraft firmware that may stop you from restarting the motors, if the craft is not level. Those too can be altered.
Nice video, you can see the guy's thumb shaking from the excitement. Scary stuff but sometimes the only thing to do. You could test in simulator if the parameters are set correctly before actually doing it while flying.

Hi... thanks... I will study the app. I am expecting 3s. delay on MA compared to Mavic Pro though. I need this to test the drone rescue system I developed - so I am not looking into restart in mid-air just stopping the props so I can test my system and create credible proof it is working :)

I did study the DJI Go app but with MA connected I still cannot find right place to configure CSC for motor stop. I would not mind getting "instructions for Dummies" how to get there :)

Thanks for helping... however my many for MA stops at "Remote Controller Signal Lost". For Mavic Air there is nothing after that... CSC part which should be last bit is totally missing :(

For Mavic Air there is nothing after that... CSC part which should be last bit is totally missing :(
Right -- that setting cannot be changed for the Mavic Air. It defaults to the option that only allows CSC to be used mid-flight in the case of an emergency.

Reactions: Simmo
Right -- that setting cannot be changed for the Mavic Air. It defaults to the option that only allows CSC to be used mid-flight in the case of an emergency.
Thanks... I was thinking I am loosing it totally.
Would you know by any chance how to do emergency stop with MA in midair? or is it disabled? Maybe only when prop is lost of power fails?

Would you know by any chance how to do emergency stop with MA in midair?
It's disabled when the Mavic Air is flying under normal conditions.

DJI does not document the "emegegency" conditions that must occur for CSC to be used mid-flight. It should work in a case (for example) where you crash in a tree and all of the motors aren't able to spin.

Anybody ever tried to stop Mavic Air motors in mid-air?

I tried to test this yesterday and it failed :(

"Stopping Motors Mid-fight
Stopping motors mid-fight will cause the aircraft to crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-
fight in an emergency situation such as if a collision has occurred or if the aircraft is out of control and
is ascending/descending very quickly, rolling in the air, or if a motor has stalled. To stop the motors mid-
fight use the same CSC that was used to start the motors. "

If there is anyone who did it pls let me know. I like to understand what went wrong.
There is a video of someone who did it. Check you tube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803