DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed To Unlock Geo Zone...

AK47AR

Reactions
Fellow Pilots,
Using the GO 4 app on Android, Ive been getting this failed to unlock prompt whenever I attempt to self unlock a zone on ALL my DJI drones (Which eliminated any specific drone) and in all self unlock blue zones. Birds are all updated, App is updated and GEO is updated and the device has internet connection. I dont know what else to do. I contacted DJI and they advised me to email FLYSAFE. I did so, only to spend about a week running around the bush. They wanted coordinates and screen grabs and then were offering to unlock a zone on their end... But I was trying to tell them the issue was not in any one specific zone... It happens at all self unlock zones, regardless of where I am. I have been getting by through doing it on the PC but that requires you have prior knowledge of where you want to fly. I rove around and so the app unlock is the best way to stay flexible... I have all but given up. Have any of you encountered this recently? Thanks for any help...

thumbnail.jpg

I watched a video of drone xfactor on YouTube and he walks you thru the steps i dont know the link but you should watch it..good luck,i know it sucks big time,but when you have idiot's out there killing our hobby by doing stupid **** this is the result,also you can go on nolimits website that has hacks to bypass dji firmware it works to on most of there uavs.

Reactions: TR Ganey
I would suggest you to use the scheduled self-unlocking or the PC method as you mentioned. Keep in mind that PC method can unlock up to 30 locations at the same time.

I would suggest you to use the scheduled self-unlocking or the PC method as you mentioned. Keep in mind that PC method can unlock up to 30 locations at the same time.

Hi SYC12... Thank you for your reply. The PC method works great and I am thankful for it or I would not be happily flying today in and around the area I reside. I have two issues. The first being, I rove to many different random places dictated by the flow of work. So I don't always know where a flight may take place in order to pre plan it on the PC. So the mobile unlocking becomes complete and utter gold. Second issue is simple... The mobile unlocking SHOULD work. Its worked flawlessly in the past and now suddenly I keep getting denied. And DJI were largely not helpful with resolving the fact that it doesn't work at any unlock location and is not drone specific. They offered to unlock one area for a length of my choosing, but that's was not my problem. Anyways, I appreciate yours and anyone elses reply as I try to unravel whats going on here. Ive even tried multiple devices... :)

30 locations is great and i usually unlock a whole bunch of potential areas but ive run into issues where, time expires because I keep track of all the open time windows... Its a mess lol. I just want the mobile unlock to work once more...

Reactions: SYC12
I had also experienced in the past that DJI unlocking web site was not working and the only way around is try it again at later time.

Reactions: DougMcC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661