DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed to Unlock

Peregrine

Reactions
What gives? Had my new Zoom turn up yesterday, and cannot use it. I am currently working in Exeter, and am situated just in the restricted zone for Exeter Airport. All I want to do is just put the drone through it’s paces. Not looking to go sky-high, or miles away. Just flying around the garden to make sure that everything works as it should.

Tried to fly the drone, and it came up with a dialogue box asking me to accept responsibility and to tick two boxes. It then told me it had failed to unlock. So I went on to DJI’s site and performed the self unlock. Was issued a verification code, and all appeared well. Retried flying and the same result. Powered controller and drone off, and rebooted. No difference. Went through the self-unlock two more times, which reported success, although the one time it told me that an unlock was unnecessary for this location.

Tried to fly again, and the same Failed to Unlock message displayed. Checked on the DJI Go4 app, and it tells me that I have 3 viable unlocks for Exeter all in operation. What the bloody hell? If it hadn’t cost an arm and a leg I’d have stuck my foot under it before now.

Any suggestions as to how to get airborne apart from moving location? With work commitments and the lockdown I have no option other than to attempt to fly from here.

The plot thickens........

I discovered that the unlock permission had to be sent to the drone from the app. So, I did that, ticked the responsibility boxes and...... Another error!

This time it’s “User Authentication Failed”. Double checked that it, did indeed, require The FC number. Then thought maybe I had got the letter “O” mixed up with the number zero, so I swapped them out. Feeling quite proud of myself, and rather smug and clever, I tried again, feeling pretty certain of success. No sodding chance! Exactly the same error thrown up.

Contacted the DJI online help desk. Well, that was time well spent. Not! The guy said he couldn’t help me, but an email would be forwarded to the Flysafe department. But was there anything else he could help me with. The fact that I can’t fly the drone at all doesn’t seem to be enough, ?.

If anyone can help with the last problem, I would be most grateful ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000