DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failure to download DJI Assistant for MavicAir

JPC

Reactions
When I try to download DJI Assistant for my MavicAir on my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5)
Software
platform-mac-88125886e654ae8b885725fad1d50740.svg

Mac V1.2.4
2018-05-16
Download pkg

the system then asks me to also download a "hoRNDIS" application for Android phone. But I firstly I have an iPhone; and secondly the "hORNDIS" will not load as it will not work with my macOS version! And I've tried several times with always the same result.
So I am completely stumped - can anyone help point me in the right direction as I need to reset the visual systems on my MavicAir and need the DJI Assistant to do so.
Thanks
Jon

When I try to download DJI Assistant for my MavicAir on my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5)
Software
platform-mac-88125886e654ae8b885725fad1d50740.svg

Mac V1.2.4
2018-05-16
Download pkg

the system then asks me to also download a "hoRNDIS" application for Android phone. But I firstly I have an iPhone; and secondly the "hORNDIS" will not load as it will not work with my macOS version! And I've tried several times with always the same result.
So I am completely stumped - can anyone help point me in the right direction as I need to reset the visual systems on my MavicAir and need the DJI Assistant to do so.
Thanks
Jon
Your better off just installing the latest A2. Should work fine.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20200428/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.12.pkg

Hi, I've tried that and get this message: Device not Supported.
I've retried the DJI Assistant 2 for MavicAir again and still get this failure problem - why is it prompting me with this when I do not have an Android phone?: I'm using an iPhone SE.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-15 22.44.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 22.44.13.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2020-06-15 22.44.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-15 22.44.40.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 3
I've retried the DJI Assistant 2 for MavicAir again and still get this failure problem - why is it prompting me with this when I do not have an Android phone?: I'm using an iPhone SE.
You may want to check out this thread. I believe it may have the answer your looking for.
Good Luck.
Mavic Assistant

You may want to check out this thread. I believe it may have the answer your looking for.
Good Luck.
Mavic Assistant
No, I've downloaded the referenced HoRNDIS.pkg and then the DJI Assistant 2 for MavicAir again - but it still tells me to download HoRNDIS and I go round the circle again. I am not as computer savvy as some obviously are on this thread - so a direct link would be very welcome. And is the fact that I have Catalina at 10.15.5 also a factor?

No, I've downloaded the referenced HoRNDIS.pkg and then the DJI Assistant 2 for MavicAir again - but it still tells me to download HoRNDIS and I go round the circle again. I am not as computer savvy as some obviously are on this thread - so a direct link would be very welcome. And is the fact that I have Catalina at 10.15.5 also a factor?

Horndis isn't for connecting to an Android phone, it's for connecting to the drone itself, because DJI uses a fork of Android as a base for the onboard software.

Reactions: JPC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ