DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fake GPS trick doesn't work anymore

Rhinofeross

Reactions
Hi everybody,

Problem?
I live in Europe (France), and the EC mode range is catastrophic (50/100 meters), even in the countryside, and the image is pretty unstable (freeze, lag). To me, the FCC mode is crucial, but the Fake GPS trick to unlock the FCC mode doesn't seem to work anymore (it worked few month ago).

What have you tried so far?
Fake GPS trick : working no more
Drone-Hacks : impossible to downgrade the firmware of my bird (antirollback is blocking it), so I don't have access to the FCC or boost hack. Anyway, this app on MacOs is still in Beta and doesn't work well, I don't even have access to the parameters.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Phone : Google Pixel 3 (Android)
Laptop : Macbook Pro, OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Drone firmware : 01.00.0620

What Go app version are you using?
DJI Go 4 App : 4.3.25

Any modification?
(if so what)
Nope

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
Yes : Drone-Hacks

Do somebody have an easy and reliable solution to turn on the FCC mode in non-FFC countries ?
Any help would be much appreciated !

It's crucial that you are out of GPS coverage when performing the GPS spoofing hack initially ... it still works on my MA1 with latest fw & android latest GO4. Can't say anything about what Drone-hacks might have done to your AC though.

It's crucial that you are out of GPS coverage when performing the GPS spoofing hack initially ... it still works on my MA1 with latest fw & android latest GO4. Can't say anything about what Drone-hacks might have done to your AC though.
I live in a big city (Paris), so there are no place without a GPS coverage ! I wil check in my cellar... some people speak about covering the drone with aluminium foil. I will try this today...

I tested the fake GPS trick in my basement, unfortunately I still have a GPS signal down there. The aluminium foil seems tough to use as it will block even the RC communication with the drone...

I am considering a DJI Go 4 moded app, but it seems pretty complicate to install on android... Does anybody have a tested procedure and link for a moded app ?

Did u enable god override in developer mode and gave authority to the app to modify GPS. I am on Android
Man ! You're my own personal Jesus ?
You nailed it ? for some reason the app didn't have the authorisation to modify the location, it works like a charm now ? I was so frustrated, but I am now a happy man, my life can start again ? Cheers !

Bonjour
Fakegps fonctionne-t-il sur le Mavic Air 2?

Autre solution pour débloquer le plafond d'altitude de 500m ?

merci

Translation:
# 9
Hello
Does Fakegps work on the Mavic Air 2?

Another solution to unlock the altitude ceiling of 500m?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Mężczyzna ! Jesteś moim osobistym Jezusem?
Udało wam się ? z jakiegoś powodu aplikacja nie miała uprawnień do zmiany lokalizacji, teraz działa jak urok ? Byłem tak sfrustrowany, ale teraz jestem szczęśliwym człowiekiem, moje życie może zacząć się od nowa? Twoje zdrowie !
do these modifications work?

Man ! You're my own personal Jesus ?
You nailed it ? for some reason the app didn't have the authorisation to modify the location, it works like a charm now ? I was so frustrated, but I am now a happy man, my life can start again ? Cheers !
do these modifications work? which app to grant permission to change location?

FakeGPS works with a Mavic Air - I switched to a fake location and turn on the FCC mode 2 days ago.

Have had my Mavic Air 1 in FCC mode since 2019 & have never, by mistake pushed "accept" to change back to CE mode. From the beginning when I made the hack, GO4 always asked about country change when I started everything to fly ... but lately, perhaps a bit over a year ago, GO4 stopped to ask, checked from time to time so I only had 11 2,4GHz channels to confirm that the Mavic Air still was in FCC ... & just continued to fly.

But now when I saw your post I decided to try the hack procedure again... Thought a bit on how I could revert back to CE mode now when GO4 never ask to change country settings. Then I remembered that Litchi actually still ask every time I use that app. So started up with Litchi, accepted the country change back to CE mode ... & yeah, then had 13 2,4GHz channels in GO4 when I checked.

Started to do the hack by the book with a fake GPS position app & the drone out of GPS coverage to go back to FCC ... but jeez, no country change dialog came up ... couldn't change back to FCC 😬

Tried several older GO4 versions ... even that from 2019, but no country change came up. Looked like that I never should have tried this, was stuck in CE mode.

😁

Then calmed down & started to think ... Litchi again of course.

If you already have the Litchi app this is how I did it ... step by step.

1. Turn off both wifi & mobile data on the phone.

2. Go into the phones location settings & deactivate more precision with the help of wifi & bluetooth.

3. Install "Fake GPS Pro" & in developer options on the phone chose that as GPS spoofer app.
Start it & chose a location in USA as a "fix mode location" & activate. Check with for
instance Google Maps that it shows that USA location.

4. See to that the drone can't acquire it's own GPS position (in worst case wrap it in tinfoil).

5. Hook up the phone to the RC & start up RC & Litchi ... then the Mavic Air.

6. When the Mavic Air connects to the RC, Litchi will after a while ask you if you want to
change the country settings ... accept it.

7. Now it should be in FCC mode.

Now to check so it really is in FCC mode ...

8. Turn everything off, deactivate the phones fake GPS position & turn on wifi, mobile data & restore
the location settings regarding using wifi & bluetooth.

9. start the RC, but now the DJI GO4 app ... then start the Mavic Air (here you can let it to acquire a GPS position).

10. When the Mavic Air connects to the RC, DJI GO4 will most probably not ask you if you want to
change the country settings ... but if it does, decline.

11. When all is properly started & the RC is connected & you're seeing the live view in DJI GO4,
go to the DJI GO4 frequence settings in the menu & confirm that you only have 11 (not 13) channels for the
2,4GHz band ... if that's the case, you are in FCC mode.

Attachments

• 1653433871505.gif
    1653433871505.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 26
  • 1653433871615.gif
    1653433871615.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 24
  • 1653433871668.gif
    1653433871668.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 18
  • 1653433871723.gif
    1653433871723.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 14
  • 1653433871562.gif
    1653433871562.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 24
Reactions: Al3eRtO
Hi,
I have done the procedure and it seems to me that it works, after I do the flight test!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803