DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Falcon steals drone...cool video

Cool footage, they are fast birds, had one buzzing my M1P in remote Western Australia on a tip in 2018.
2300', yeah it's Russia and looks like middle of nowhere.

Another story I found when trying to find out what drone.

Obviously not DJI, some sort of FPV drone by the looks / vision and sound.

Reactions: drrags
That's a first, in that the Bird was actually able to flip it, getting the motors to stall and grab it from underneath, then carry it all the way to near ground and drop it, thinking all the time it was food. Then it takes off wondering, "Why did I expend all that energy for a bleepin bleepity bleep."

• Haha
Reactions: DroneControl
Did he get the drone back?

I lost a Mini 2 in the spring to a hawk that decided the drone was a threat to his territory. Unfortunately, I was flying over a river at the time, and the drone took a dive in the drink never to be seen again.

I have had Turkey Vultures notice and swoop in on my drone. But they never attacked. But watching that does make you think your drone is done for.

• Wow
Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
That's a first, in that the Bird was actually able to flip it, getting the motors to stall and grab it from underneath, then carry it all the way to near ground and drop it, thinking all the time it was food. Then it takes off wondering, "Why did I expend all that energy for a bleepin bleepity bleep."

The drone motors never stopped running, it's not a DJI where the motors shutoff if turned sideways / inverted etc.
At the end you can see it still flying, although off to one side before coming down.
You can also here the motors running through the clip, might be FPV with gopro or similar.

The drone motors never stopped running, it's not a DJI where the motors shutoff if turned sideways / inverted etc.
At the end you can see it still flying, although off to one side before coming down.
You can also here the motors running through the clip, might be FPV with gopro or similar.
Oh, I didn't have audio, when I watch the video. That drone had a microphone on it? That would be the case if the video's audio still had the sound of the motors running. Interesting. Here is a video from the same website. It's not related to the post, but it went viral. I thought, maybe you guys could use a little time off from watching and talking drones. Here is the Link:
If anyone finds this inappropriate, let me know and I'll delete the post.

Oh, I didn't have audio, when I watch the video. That drone had a microphone on it?

Ah . . . yes, why I think it was an FPV type drone, they typically have cameras fitted such as GoPros which record sound.
Seeing the longboard girl having such a blast should help anyone have a nice start to the day :)

I think it was trying to fk the drone lol, cool footage though.

I had a swarm of fast flycatcher birds surround my Air 2S yesterday at 200 feet. They were swooping and turning like fighter pilots, presumedly catching insects, but seemed to be fascinated with the aircraft for about 45 seconds.

I lost a Mini 2 in the spring to a hawk that decided the drone was a threat to his territory. Unfortunately, I was flying over a river at the time, and the drone took a dive in the drink never to be seen again.
I was doing a 360 panosphere on the edge of the sea at high tide, when a gull took exception to the intruder. I aborted the flight and gave it another go a few minutes later without any interference. It did make me think twice about where I fly in future and what is around. Lesson learned.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes