DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Fall Colors Sunset @ Arizona Snowbowl

Broken Star Photo

Reactions
The setting sun casts a warm glow over the tress showing off their fall colors in their last hurrah before the winter snows start falling. This aerial panoramic view shows the vastness of the colors at the Snowbowl Ski resort. Taken on 10-12-20 with my M2P. Click on the photo to see it full-screen, and just TRY to count the Aspen trees!
View attachment DJI_0066.jpg
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Beautiful pano Paul! I have a question. I take a lot of panos with my M2P and constantly have problems with bulging straight lines, eg a beach like in my example here, when taking a 21 shot extra wide pano. I shoot RAW, then process the pano in Lightroom with circular option. If you have any advice, I'd be really grateful. Cheers, Sean
774e830549795c86a270bed6befbff59.jpg
72c0aa9f764e3a7ba4c7b0f1d47fbc7b.jpg
eaabe6c86ac006fa7ce01bfc274c8789.jpg

Sean,
Are you shooting the images in your drone and then loading all three rows of images into LR to stitch the piano? I lf so, I don't do that with my drone panos. I used the 180 option under panos setting. It shoots all of the frames and then stitches them together in camera. When you download your images you will see all of preliminary shots and then a final stitched image.

If you are try to stitch all of the individual shots in LR, when the software gives you the preview try switching between the projection options of Spherical, Cylindrical and Perspective. I normally used Perspective, but occasionally need to change the projection option to get the stitch to come out right.

Hopefully this will help,

Jim

Beautiful pano Paul! I have a question. I take a lot of panos with my M2P and constantly have problems with bulging straight lines, eg a beach like in my example here, when taking a 21 shot extra wide pano. I shoot RAW, then process the pano in Lightroom with circular option. If you have any advice, I'd be really grateful. Cheers, Sean
Hi Sean,
these panoramas are not shot by myself ;)
cheers Paul

Sean,
Are you shooting the images in your drone and then loading all three rows of images into LR to stitch the piano? I lf so, I don't do that with my drone panos. I used the 180 option under panos setting. It shoots all of the frames and then stitches them together in camera. When you download your images you will see all of preliminary shots and then a final stitched image.

If you are try to stitch all of the individual shots in LR, when the software gives you the preview try switching between the projection options of Spherical, Cylindrical and Perspective. I normally used Perspective, but occasionally need to change the projection option to get the stitch to come out right.

Hopefully this will help,

Jim
Hi Jim, thanks very much for your reply mate. In answer to your questions:
1. I have it set to RAW + .jpg so yes, am loading all 3 rows of images into Lr to stitch the pano, plus allowing the drone's software to create around a 10MB .jpg pano. Both versions exhibit the same level of distortion, although not so noticeable if there are no straight lines (eg Sideling pano - attached), and fine in the 3x3 pano mode with Perspective clicked on (as in PANO0001-Pano.jpg attached), but in the Super Wide pano mode, Perspective won't stitch, you have to do it with Circular or Spherical in Lr.

Attachments

• Sideling pano2.jpg
    Sideling pano2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • PANO0001-Pano.jpg
    PANO0001-Pano.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
These two shots look great!
Thanks Jim! Yes, was very happy with these. However, I think I've finally turned a corner with my extra wide panos, using PTgui instead of Lightroom. In rectilinear mode it is much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial