DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Fall in the Columbia River Gorge - Mirror Lake

AlanL

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Located near the mouth of the Gorge is an Oregon State Park called Rooster Rock. One part of the park is somewhat isolated on the south side of the freeway and has some very nice displays of fall colors going on right now. This is a 2 shot panorama using the 24mm lens on my Mavic 3 Pro. Shot from about 20' above the water surface of Mirror Lake. Crown Point looms in the distance with the Vista House just visible at the top. Click through to expand the image for a more detailed view.

DJI_M3P_24P_CRG-MirrorLake102023-1.jpg

Comments and critiques always welcome.

Awesome photo. The vibrance is just right and the colors pop.

Reactions: AlanL
Super nice! I wasn’t aware of the south section of the park, nice find!

Super nice! I wasn’t aware of the south section of the park, nice find!
Me neither - and I have lived about a 1/2 hour drive from that park for 25 years now :rolleyes:

I always thought the land between I-84 and the Union Pacific tracks was private land right around there and it's all part of the park. There is a dirt road leading into this area but it's closed until summer but you can still walk in to explore. I had some great light yesterday and scored some of the best fall leaf displays I have ever seen in the Gorge.

Located near the mouth of the Gorge is an Oregon State Park called Rooster Rock. One part of the park is somewhat isolated on the south side of the freeway and has some very nice displays of fall colors going on right now. This is a 2 shot panorama using the 24mm lens on my Mavic 3 Pro. Shot from about 20' above the water surface of Mirror Lake. Crown Point looms in the distance with the Vista House just visible at the top. Click through to expand the image for a more detailed view.

View attachment 169384

gorgeous image!
Well done

Dale

Very beautiful! We lived in Gresham, OR for most of 1979. One of our favorite things to do was going to the Gorge. Multnomah Falls was great place to take family when they visited.

View attachment 169384

Nice shot! I have taken some nice drone photos and videos along I-84. I caught a bunch of wind surfers at Rooster Rock one time. Drones are prohibited in part of that area during the summer months due to a nudist beach!

Nice shot! I have taken some nice drone photos and videos along I-84. I caught a bunch of wind surfers at Rooster Rock one time. Drones are prohibited in part of that area during the summer months due to a nudist beach!
Thanks - I avoid the Sand Island area in general but also confine my flights in that park to fall/winter/spring. This shot was taken in the part of Rooster Rock that is on the south side of I-84. The parking lots on the north side of the freeway had about 1/2 dozen cars at most and half of those were park employees. I walked down to the south portion of the park and had the place entirely to myself last Friday :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N