DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fan always on, Always Mag Interference

amwhats

Reactions
Hi, I flew my Mavic a few times without issue, but starting about two weeks ago every time I turn on the drone (1) the fan turns on immediately and the bottom becomes very hot, even when it is just sitting there inside (i.e. no firmware updates, no recent flights) and (2) a get mag interference warning pretty much wherever I am. The compass calibration has not once fixed the mag interference.

I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks in advance for any info.

All normal if the weather is over 80°. If the fan didnt turn on, then I would say you have a problem. The Mavic has a fan and the controller has one too. They will both come on in the warmer weather.

The bottom of the Mavic is where the air outlet is for the front fan. It sucks air in and blows it out the bottom. If the heat sink is doing it's job, it should get hot to the touch on a warm day.

As far as compass calibration, dont turn it on in your car or truck, and make sure you are away from any metallic objects. Does the calibration warning go away after you calibrate?

Thanks, Thunderdrones. No, the calibration never works, and the calibration occurs both indoors and outdoors, when the drone is still. And the fan comes on even when the drone is indoors at temperatures well below 80 degrees.

All normal if the weather is over 80°. If the fan didnt turn on, then I would say you have a problem. The Mavic has a fan and the controller has one too. They will both come on in the warmer weather.

The bottom of the Mavic is where the air outlet is for the front fan. It sucks air in and blows it out the bottom. If the heat sink is doing it's job, it should get hot to the touch on a warm day.

As far as compass calibration, dont turn it on in your car or truck, and make sure you are away from any metallic objects. Does the calibration warning go away after you calibrate?

The drone will always get hot when on. It is essentially a computer doing lots of processing all the time.

You have to move the drone to calibrate it.

Thanks, Cyberpower. I've moved the drone as instructed by the app maybe 15 times, and it has failed each time and the mag interference persists.

The drone will always get hot when on. It is essentially a computer doing lots of processing all the time.

You have to move the drone to calibrate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54