DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fan Noise Repost/DJI Horrible Customer Support

AtortPhotography

Reactions
I could not figure out how to delete my old post to be more specific with this, but can anyone with Mavic Air 2's please let me know if they have heard this fan noise out of theirs or if mine is really messing up for some reason. If you hear at the 1:35 mark for the next 10 seconds or so that is what my fans are doing and very odd to me and DJI still has not properly responded and 3 days since I called. They truly have some of the worst customer service ever. I called and spoke to a tech and they pretty much knew nothing. They instead say they will relay the information to their engineers. Why are they even called "techs" then?!??! Thanks

I could not figure out how to delete my old post to be more specific with this, but can anyone with Mavic Air 2's please let me know if they have heard this fan noise out of theirs or if mine is really messing up for some reason. If you hear at the 1:35 mark for the next 10 seconds or so that is what my fans are doing and very odd to me and DJI still has not properly responded and 3 days since I called. They truly have some of the worst customer service ever. I called and spoke to a tech and they pretty much knew nothing. They instead say they will relay the information to their engineers. Why are they even called "techs" then?!??! Thanks

I bought an Air 2 about 6 weeks ago and do not recall it hissing at me during the initial update but maybe it is normal! I would suggest doing the recommended starters and then monitor the drone under load at launch - leave it hovering at about a metre AGL and listen carefully to its rhythms then land it and check temps over the drone, movement of rotors, motors, etc. And look at the battery readings (in DJI Fly). If you are happy with things, try some low level test flights and examine for noises and the above, again. If it continues to hiss, contact your local seller and continue to document your concerns to DJI. You will then have an audit trail. If you are seriously concerned about operation, which could be dangerous if it failed in flight, send it back and ask for it to be checked under warranty. But also keep an email thread running so they can’t run for cover if it crashes outside your control!

Reactions: AtortPhotography
I am probably wrong but could it be the fans are activated at a certain temperature ?
As you aren't flying it will get hot due to no airflow, this may cause the fans to start & stop if they are activated by temperature.
I say I am probably wrong because I thought the fans should automatically start when the drone is powered on.
I don’t have an Air 2 so can’t test the theory.

@AtortPhotography when you do updates it is quite normal for the fans to be running especially if it very hot ,when i do any firmware updates i always have a desk type fan blowing over the drone to help with cooling and also remove the props for safety ,i do the same when its hot and i am charging the batteries the fan helps keep things cool,the fan is activated by temperature and will come on even when you are flying if its really hot this happens more at low levels such as when hovering to take a pic it is always hotter near the ground and also when doing firmware updates the drone will stop and start during the update depending on what the update is doing

Reactions: AtortPhotography
@AtortPhotography when you do updates it is quite normal for the fans to be running especially if it very hot ,when i do any firmware updates i always have a desk type fan blowing over the drone to help with cooling and also remove the props for safety ,i do the same when its hot and i am charging the batteries the fan helps keep things cool,the fan is activated by temperature and will come on even when you are flying if its really hot this happens more at low levels such as when hovering to take a pic it is always hotter near the ground and also when doing firmware updates the drone will stop and start during the update depending on what the update is doing
It is not that the fans were running I understand that's normal...but for the fans to be blipping barely on and off repeatedly even after the update was over that what was concerning to me especially since I never heard them do that before I got this replacement. I had used my Mavic Air 2 for a solid two weeks prior this replacement and never heard that weird fan sounds of them doing that snorting that sound. Having a desk fan on is a good idea I felt with this update which took forever was really getting hot. DJI said to me on the phone today that those fan sounds were the first time they heard them and I was the first to bring it to their attention and to wait for the engineers on the Mavic Air 2 side to get back to them. Ahhhhhhhh. lol We shall see what they say. Thanks for the input too.

Reactions: old man mavic
Send it back don't take any chances. If it's not a bearing then it could be even worse. Bad psu channel, bad soldering, loose ground, a million other things could cause that.

Send it back
I agree I haven't even flown it yet. Better safe than sorry.

I am probably wrong but could it be the fans are activated at a certain temperature ?
As you aren't flying it will get hot due to no airflow, this may cause the fans to start & stop if they are activated by temperature.
I say I am probably wrong because I thought the fans should automatically start when the drone is powered on.
I don’t have an Air 2 so can’t test the theory.
If the fans were starting and going normally and then stopping I would not have questioned anything....but to have them barely start and then stop and then barely start again, etc. just seemed really odd and not normal. Like what would that fan pattern benefit the drone with?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan