DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fast mini-SD to avoid AEB lag

JoshC

Reactions
One annoyance when shooting with DJI drones is the lag when shooting with exposure bracketing (AEB), namely that the screen freezes while the images are being written to the card, which can last for more than 1 second (e.g. on M2P, M2, M3P).
Are there any fast SD cards that can improve this? I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2 [3] cards... write speed is about 90mbs
from what I can see the fastest mini SDs are UHS II but DJI don't support this

One annoyance when shooting with DJI drones is the lag when shooting with exposure bracketing (AEB), namely that the screen freezes while the images are being written to the card, which can last for more than 1 second (e.g. on M2P, M2, M3P).
Are there any fast SD cards that can improve this? I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2 [3] cards... write speed is about 90mbs
from what I can see the fastest mini SDs are UHS II but DJI don't support this

Without UHS II support what you have is the fastest it’s going to get

A faster card would only help if the card is what's limiting things now.
If the camera can't write any faster, getting a faster card won't help at all/
A fast card could help. There are other factors to consider such as the code, the SDIO hardware and buffering. Use a fast card but the actual speed can only be improved by DJI in this case.

Cheers!

The file write speed is controlled by DJI, and not the card write speed. All you need is a fast enough card. A faster one will not write any faster, although it may off-load faster depending on your computer.

Reactions: db4476
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147