DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC hack on ios

The little aircraft icon to the lower left side is not lit in green when it did before and it does lit if i connect an iphone.

The little aircraft icon to the lower left side is not lit in green when it did before and it does lit if i connect an iphone.
I am not entirely sure what that is (a screenshot would have been useful). Any way you said the aircraft was off, so I can't see how the aircraft icon would be green while the rc is not connected to the aircraft.

As you can see. The lower left corner has some sort of triangle.

Before the fcc hack on lenovo tab that icon had a green light says Connected to RC. Even with the drone off. No probs. I also verified that everything works in FCC mode with lenovo tab because i went all the way in the settings where all settinhs for gimbal and calibration etc.. are.

It was after the FCC hack when i went back to turn off the spoof app. Thats when that happens. it would not recognize the app to controller.

But if i attach and iphone even with the drone off, i could connect my RC to iphone no probs at all.

Attachments

• F4857BD5-1E7A-48E6-9727-2FEC74455E97.png
    F4857BD5-1E7A-48E6-9727-2FEC74455E97.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Ah! I see what you mean now. Yes that triangle should display the Green RC Connected label as long as the RC is powered on and connected to the tab, even if the AC is not powered on and connected to the RC. My best guess is that something may have changed on your USB connection settings on the tab since the first time you connected it to the RC.

Hmm ill investigate. Its just a lousy slow tab i dont mind about it. Aslong as it lets me fly with my iphone im ok with it.

Are you sure i didnt mess up anything in the software of the controller and the drone with the FCC hack?

Hmm ill investigate. Its just a lousy slow tab i dont mind about it. Aslong as it lets me fly with my iphone im ok with it.

Are you sure i didnt mess up anything in the software of the controller and the drone with the FCC hack?
You can't really mess anything in the RC or the AC with the FCC hack; it simply tricks the drone in to thinking it is somewhere it is not and switch its transmission mode. The spoofing app is limited in the mobile device and cannot change any settings in the RC or the AC.

When i was in FCC mode with the lenovo tab with all the drone turn on, i got a firmware update about safty update whatever it was. Then it let me in and i got to browse the wifi settings.

Turned off everything and i went to release the fake gps. I turned off/exited the gps spoof and went back in to lenovo dji app.

Thats when it happened. I couldnt get it to connect.

I then went to iphone side and it connected. Turned on my drone and it let me know about my location and to ok or cancel.

I cancelled and turn everything off again.

Prety easy really.

Use android phone.
Download Fake GPS
Be indoors
Spoof GPS and locate yourself anywhere in the USA. Do not exit spoof gps app.
Turn on your controlle and drone like usual.
Accept the terms that you have changed location within DJI app.
Turn off drone/controller.
Unspoof gps and and EXIT.

Turn on controller/drone
Choose cancel when it tells you to change the terms.

You are then always in FCC mode.

You can then be in ios phone and choose cancel.

Does anyone please know how to put my mavic air 2 to fcc mode? Been researching for days
Prety easy really.

Use android phone.
Download Fake GPS
Be indoors
Spoof GPS and locate yourself anywhere in the USA. Do not exit spoof gps app.
Turn on your controlle and drone like usual.
Accept the terms that you have changed location within DJI app.
Turn off drone/controller.
Unspoof gps and and EXIT.

Turn on controller/drone
Choose cancel when it tells you to change the terms.

You are then always in FCC mode.

You can then be in ios phone and choose cancel.
Sorry ... but the MA2 is a different beast regarding GPS spoofing it into FCC mode. The usual procedure as for the MA1 will not work, as soon as the app+RC is connected to a MA2 with power on but motors off it will switch back to CE.

The only way to go around this is to never have your RC connected to the MA2 with motors off with DJI Fly app running. You can follow the MA1 procedure to GPS spoof it so you can change WiFi mode to FCC, indoors without GPS coverage ... but then you never can have your app+RC connected to the MA2 with motors off.

This means that you start with having the usb unplugged from your RC ... turn on the RC then the MA2, when connected make a CRC start of the motors (you don't have to take off, but motors need to be started). Then plug in usb, start the app ... then you can take off.

Similar when going in for landing ... stop descend just above ground, unplug usb from the mobile device, the descend for landing & motor shut down.

Really a major hassle ... but apparently no FCC/CE switch is allowed in air & by having motors running it equals to being in air.

Reactions: droneloverair
Sorry ... but the MA2 is a different beast regarding GPS spoofing it into FCC mode. The usual procedure as for the MA1 will not work, as soon as the app+RC is connected to a MA2 with power on but motors off it will switch back to CE.

The only way to go around this is to never have your RC connected to the MA2 with motors off with DJI Fly app running. You can follow the MA1 procedure to GPS spoof it so you can change WiFi mode to FCC, indoors without GPS coverage ... but then you never can have your app+RC connected to the MA2 with motors off.

This means that you start with having the usb unplugged from your RC ... turn on the RC then the MA2, when connected make a CRC start of the motors (you don't have to take off, but motors need to be started). Then plug in usb, start the app ... then you can take off.

Similar when going in for landing ... stop descend just above ground, unplug usb from the mobile device, the descend for landing & motor shut down.

Really a major hassle ... but apparently no FCC/CE switch is allowed in air & by having motors running it equals to being in air.
Hi i appreciate for taking your time in helping me. So what method i did was
1 turn on fake gps and located myself in America
2. Turned on controller and drone with USB connected
3 checked the transmission channels and it was auto and manual which is a Indication that fcc is on
4 started the drone without taking off indoors with no propellers on off course!
5 took to the garden and waited a minute and it picked satellite and it went back to ce mode.
So when I take it out shall I put the usb connector on once I take the drone into the air ? Regards

Hi i appreciate for taking your time in helping me. So what method i did was
1 turn on fake gps and located myself in America
2. Turned on controller and drone with USB connected
3 checked the transmission channels and it was auto and manual which is a Indication that fcc is on
4 started the drone without taking off indoors with no propellers on off course!
5 took to the garden and waited a minute and it picked satellite and it went back to ce mode.
So when I take it out shall I put the usb connector on once I take the drone into the air ? Regards
As I wrote earlier ... never ever have you DJI Fly app started/connected when the RC is connected to the MA2 with motors off. The app will through knowing the correct GPS position auto switch back to CE. It will not be allowed to do that if the motors is running which equals to being in flight.

1. Do the same GPS spoof hack as for the MA1 indoors so you can switch to FCC.
2. Turn everything off.
3. Go outside where GPS reception is possible.
4. Put in your mobile device in the RC but DO NOT plug in the usb.
5. Start up RC
6. Start app (still without usb to RC plugged in)
7. Power on MA2
8. When RC is connected to MA2 (without app) start motors with CSC stick command without take off (Right stick 7 o'clock & Left stick 5 o'clock)
9. Plug in usb between RC & mobile device, wait until live view is running in app.
10. Take off with your left stick.

Keyword ... never have the app connected with the RC & the MA2 if the MA2 doesn't have the motors running.

As I wrote earlier ... never ever have you DJI Fly app started/connected when the RC is connected to the MA2 with motors off. The app will through knowing the correct GPS position auto switch back to CE. It will not be allowed to do that if the motors is running which equals to being in flight.

1. Do the same GPS spoof hack as for the MA1 indoors so you can switch to FCC.
2. Turn everything off.
3. Go outside where GPS reception is possible.
4. Put in your mobile device in the RC but DO NOT plug in the usb.
5. Start up RC
6. Start app (still without usb to RC plugged in)
7. Power on MA2
8. When RC is connected to MA2 (without app) start motors with CSC stick command without take off (Right stick 7 o'clock & Left stick 5 o'clock)
9. Plug in usb between RC & mobile device, wait until live view is running in app.
10. Take off with your left stick.

Keyword ... never have the app connected with the RC & the MA2 if the MA2 doesn't have the motors running.
Hi thank you very much but I did exactly what you said 3 times and it didn't work. Wounder what I am doing wrong ?

Hi thank you very much but I did exactly what you said 3 times and it didn't work. Wounder what I am doing wrong ?
why do you want to put it into fcc mode? with the air 2 havint ocusync2 ? as far as i am aware this isnt possible as they sell 2 diff types of the air 2 , one for europe and the other for outside europe already in fcc mode of course.

even with the air 2 in ce mode its range should be plenty enough

i have my air 1 in fcc mode which i did on and android device which i had to borrow cause my phone is ios and it works everytime as long as hit the cancel

why do you want to put it into fcc mode? with the air 2 havint ocusync2 ? as far as i am aware this isnt possible as they sell 2 diff types of the air 2 , one for europe and the other for outside europe already in fcc mode of course.

even with the air 2 in ce mode its range should be plenty enough
Unfortunately where I live in UK Wales the signal isn't the best in UK I had 3500 the most.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh