DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fcc mode driving me mad

rejo

Reactions
Can someone help me please before I throw my air through the window.
Long story but i'll make it short .... I've been running my air in fcc mode for over a year and everything was fantastic.
Couple of weeks ago I was flying the air with my daughter and she accidentally hit the ok button instead of cancel when asked to change area (the warning you get when it starts up).
Since then I've not managed to get it back into Fcc mode, I've done the hack exactly the same as last time with the floater app and it says I'm in the USA but still only gives me 5.8G with 13 bars.
I run it with my iPad so out of despair did the Xcode hack .... again the map on the screen in the dji go app says I'm in San Francisco but I'm still getting 13 bars in 5.8
What's even more strange is that if I disconnect the controller from my iPad it says 2.4G with 13 bars.

Anyone help me ?

If I recall the mode your doing it you need to be in developer mode correct?

Yes that’s correct , but that’s what I was in , like I said I’ve been running it in fcc for over a year without a problem,

Yes that’s correct , but that’s what I was in , like I said I’ve been running it in fcc for over a year without a problem,
In dev mode I believe you have to override location, you may have to do that again.

Yes that’s the one I followed last time, just wondering if DJI have put something in the software to block this

Yes that’s the one I followed last time, just wondering if DJI have put something in the software to block this

Very possible, but my Air is on the latest versions and I did the FCC change using Xcode and iPhone recently.

This is an odd one. Sorry I can't think of anything that may be useful. But the last firmware update was the Panama one and I did the FCC switch on mine after that. Have you tried resetting everything including uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Go 4 and trying the hack again? That is what I would do. And good luck.

Can someone help me please before I throw my air through the window.
Long story but i'll make it short .... I've been running my air in fcc mode for over a year and everything was fantastic.
Couple of weeks ago I was flying the air with my daughter and she accidentally hit the ok button instead of cancel when asked to change area (the warning you get when it starts up).
Since then I've not managed to get it back into Fcc mode, I've done the hack exactly the same as last time with the floater app and it says I'm in the USA but still only gives me 5.8G with 13 bars.
I run it with my iPad so out of despair did the Xcode hack .... again the map on the screen in the dji go app says I'm in San Francisco but I'm still getting 13 bars in 5.8
What's even more strange is that if I disconnect the controller from my iPad it says 2.4G with 13 bars.

Anyone help me ?
So presumably you are doing the switch with the UAV turned on and connected yes?
Both the RC and the aircraft need to initialise the switch.
Trying to do it with just the app open but aircraft not connected will have no effect.

If you are using Android simply install Fake GPS and make sure you choose it as fake location app in developer options, then turn on the RC and AC and open the app. You do all that indoors where AC cannot connect to GPS.
The app will pop up a prompt asking if you want to switch. Hit yes and you are done.
Turn off the RC and AC and restart, turn off the fake location and open the app and the prompt pops up again. Hit cancel and check the channels, if you have 11 channels on 2.4 Ghz, you are good to go.

When doing the hack indoor, furtermore put your drone in the microwave with door open.
It takes a bit to do the hack and dependent on your settings the drone may pick up gps signal even indoor, but not inside. microwave as that blocks signal. With microwave door open remote can still communicate with drone.

Weird I don't have these issues. Set it to FCC mode in living room and that was 3 or 4 months ago. No change. Had to do it last month after traveling across the ocean a few times and its back being solid. No CE mode.

My real world range has been tested up to 1528meters a few weeks back when I sent it out to shoot an offshore lighthouse. Noticed a tiny bit of video lag/chop at that distance but did not lose signal ever. This is standard RC antennas and AC, no mods. That is more than enough for anything I will ever be doing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS