DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Fair enough

Appologies one of my first posts on here, and hadn't got the vernacular down pat.

MA, using android (just don't get on with iOS) and as its MA then obviously cable, does anyone use the MA in WiFi only mode? If they do then they shouldn't be complaining about range issues.

Reactions: InvisibleName
For you reply to be really helpful, you should also state,
• if you stay on Android after Fake GPS hack or continue from hack on IOS.
• Air or Spark
• OTG cable or wifi

Oh and I do mention its the air I'm on, thought I did.

I said "Latest firmware on Air (0400)"

Thought I was going mad :)

I’m also flying an Air with FW 0400 and latest DJI Go, with an iPad using iOS 11.3.1. The FCC mode was enabled using fake GPS on an android phone, prompts me with WiFi location has changed & I select NO. Range, flight stability & video feed all good.

I followed the "fake GPS" procedure on my MA. Switch to FCC mode OK (my country is Italy). But after that the attempt to fly my drone was stopped by a compass error (strong electromagnetic interference. Recalibrate compass). I repeated the recalibration process several times, witn no success. Back to EC mode and the problem disappeared. I did not see the same problem discussed in this blog, so i'm asking if someone encountered and eventually resolved this situation.
Many thanks in advance

Try to calibrate different place, this has nothing to do with GPS hack.

Try to calibrate different place, this has nothing to do with GPS hack.
Thank you, Kankkis. Your statement sounds reasonable, but
the compass problem compared immediately after switching to FCC mode and disappeared immediately after switching back to EC mode. I repeated the procedure twice with the same result. And the problem repeated in two completely different places - urban area and mountain - distant 90 Km!
Thanks for your kind support

Weird, it doesen't affect drone compass, are you sure you disabled fakegps after first situation change.

I think you have a very bad luck, try again, it doesen't affect in compass.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but can you force FCC mode on the Pro the same way you can with the Air? Or does the fact that the Pro uses Occusync mean that you have to use a different method?

sorry for void answer .....

My drone is Mavic AIR. I followed the steps: 1) install FLOATER on my phone (Android), 2) connect to RC, switch on RC and AIR, 3) choose a location in US, set new location, 4) start DJI Go4, answer OK to prompt "new area", 5) check the WiFi setup: 11 channels on 2.8G, switch to FCC mode confirmed, 6) close all the equipments, connected my Crystalsky tablet, open all, start DJI Go4, 7) answer CANCEL to the prompt on different area, 8) check if FCC mode is selected: OK! 9) Go to FLY ...... compass error, recalibrate .... Tried the entire procedure twice, recalibrate in two different places, no exit from this trap!
What make me crazy is the fact that nobody in this blog seem to have the same problem!

sorry for void answer .....

My drone is Mavic AIR. I followed the steps: 1) install FLOATER on my phone (Android), 2) connect to RC, switch on RC and AIR, 3) choose a location in US, set new location, 4) start DJI Go4, answer OK to prompt "new area", 5) check the WiFi setup: 11 channels on 2.8G, switch to FCC mode confirmed, 6) close all the equipments, connected my Crystalsky tablet, open all, start DJI Go4, 7) answer CANCEL to the prompt on different area, 8) check if FCC mode is selected: OK! 9) Go to FLY ...... compass error, recalibrate .... Tried the entire procedure twice, recalibrate in two different places, no exit from this trap!
What make me crazy is the fact that nobody in this blog seem to have the same problem!

Are you wearing some metallic/magnetic wristlet oder a smart watch? if yes try without...

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but can you force FCC mode on the Pro the same way you can with the Air? Or does the fact that the Pro uses Occusync mean that you have to use a different method?

No you can't because Ocysync technology, much better than wifi.

Mod don't affect compass in any way, i don't understand :)
Me too, but I was a computer expert and experienced totally illogical exits after parameters modifications. Anyway I repeated the same procedure for the third time with no compass error messages testing the system on my home terrace (poor GPS signal). Tomorrow I will check my drone on an open location ... cross fingers .... I will report the results

Me too, but I was a computer expert and experienced totally illogical exits after parameters modifications. Anyway I repeated the same procedure for the third time with no compass error messages testing the system on my home terrace (poor GPS signal). Tomorrow I will check my drone on an open location ... cross fingers .... I will report the results

I think those 2 first time was a bad luck or bad calibration. I think all is fine now and FCC is working.

Here we go again, Dji Go 4 update 4.2.20...
1. Who can confirm FCC mode in EU region still works?
2. Cancel / Ok buttons still showing after update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview