DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Hi guys does anyone know if this hack still works with the latest update. I bought an air this weekend in the UK and want to change to fcc. I have followed the videos online but when I get asked to change wlan setting it looks like the ok is greyed out and the cancel is in blue. This is to accept the change too fcc not decline it going back to ce. If I press ok nothing happens and I still show the have 13 channels meaning I’m still in CE, any help is appreciated
Just make sure that you install the FakeGPS app, run it with ALL location services OFF*, especially GPS, set a US location, check the phone is fooled by opening Google Maps (don't turn location on when it prompts you) which should show that fake US location, then start up DJI Go and wait for the prompt. Once you've done it, turn everything off, phone, drone and controller and turn on again (you don't need FAKEGPS running anymore and should see the prompt to change back to CE which you always cancel).

*Some people say they didn't need all location services, including Google, switched off but others, including me, did. GPS however MUST be off for this first step.

Last edited:
Just make sure that you install the FakeGPS app, run it with ALL location services OFF*, especially GPS, set a US location, check the phone is fooled by opening Google Maps (don't turn location on when it prompts you) which should show that fake US location, then start up DJI Go and wait for the prompt. Once you've done it, turn everything off, phone, drone and controller and turn on again (you don't need FAKEGPS running anymore and should see the prompt to change back to CE which you always cancel).
Perfect, I think it was the process of turning it on and running the app and gps programme at the right time where I went wrong. Just managed to get it in fcc mode so let’s hope it does actually allow me to get a longer distance.

Perfect, I think it was the process of turning it on and running the app and gps programme at the right time where I went wrong. Just managed to get it in fcc mode so let’s hope it does actually allow me to get a longer distance.

Took me a while - some of those YouTube video arent very good. But the distance thing definitely works.

The trick now is to only ever turn on with the phone in Flight Mode to avoid updates. I don't bother with maps because I rarely fly out of VLOS but I think you need to cache a local map beforehand somehow and you can turn GPS on - it's an internet connection you DON'T want. I'm sure someone will explain better than me!

Took me a while - some of those YouTube video arent very good. But the distance thing definitely works.

The trick now is to only ever turn on with the phone in Flight Mode to avoid updates. I don't bother with maps because I rarely fly out of VLOS but I think you need to cache a local map beforehand somehow and you can turn GPS on - it's an internet connection you DON'T want. I'm sure someone will explain better than me!
I’ve just read that you ignore the prompt at the start to change back to CE by pressing cancel nothing about running in flight mode. I guess if there is a firmware update and it reverts back to CE mode then I can just do the process again to FCC. If anyone has anything more to add to having to run in flight mode it will be interesting to see what everyone does. I think it will be fine to now have gps on seeing I did the FCC hack on my Mrs devise and now I’m back on iPhone.

I've never had any issues doing it whenever I've needed to. But make sure you follow the steps

*Some people say they didn't need all location services, including Google, switched off but others, including me, did. GPS however MUST be off for this first step.

Never turned anything off (S9+ and Lenovo Tab 8 Plus), but do whatever you need to to get it working :)

Never turn the internet connection on my devices off? Never needed to, all the devices I fly with (including yesterday an Iphone8) and never had an issue. Although after using the iPhone, I popped back to the car and got my phone and tablet. Just think I'm an Android boy

I’ve just read that you ignore the prompt at the start to change back to CE by pressing cancel nothing about running in flight mode. I guess if there is a firmware update and it reverts back to CE mode then I can just do the process again to FCC. If anyone has anything more to add to having to run in flight mode it will be interesting to see what everyone does. I think it will be fine to now have gps on seeing I did the FCC hack on my Mrs devise and now I’m back on iPhone.

Running in FM is about partly about stopping new, unwanted updates to DJIGo, but equally important it's about stopping your phone doing random updates to other apps, AV etc.. which can overload the CPU and crash DJIGo.

Well you would have had to turn GPS off, otherwise it overrides the FakeGPS but whatever you say.
No you don't, that's the WHOLE POINT of having a debug mode GPS system! While it's running the system marks the 'location' as debug, if dji ever wanted to stop this they could VERY easily, just look for the system variable that says if its real or debug location. They don't though.

Look at games like pokemon go, they do and mark location unavailable if you try use this setup without a root hack in place.

Just to prove you don't need to turn it off...

But do whatever works for you I say. 20180624_192626.gif20180624_192439.gif

Fair enough, like I say, whatever works is the best way. Just saying on Samsung and lenovo devices (android 8 and 7) never had to turn anything off and never had an issue forcing FCC, only reason I did it this weekend is because a friend wanted to see what it was like on his iPhone 8 and clicked the OK instead of cancel, so had to redo it, took 2 minutes and I was fcc again. May put a video of tips and tricks together for the Air this week.

Reactions: Frallan
Fair enough, like I say, whatever works is the best way. Just saying on Samsung and lenovo devices (android 8 and 7) never had to turn anything off and never had an issue forcing FCC, only reason I did it this weekend is because a friend wanted to see what it was like on his iPhone 8 and clicked the OK instead of cancel, so had to redo it, took 2 minutes and I was fcc again. May put a video of tips and tricks together for the Air this week.
Same here

Reactions: charlas
Latest firmware & IOS app here and FCC mode works fine.
I used an Android phone to spoof the GPS position, never turned WiFi or anything else off and it worked first time.
I just have to remember to hit cancel on the location change pop-up.

Hello.
have a new mavic pro with the dji 4.2.20 on android pgone.
I cant converted from ce to fcc here in Germany. Mobile phone is a samsung s8. can someone write the exact procedure? should I wlan etc on the phone off. I already have fake gps running.
does the mavic pro have to be shielded by gps during this procedure?
I hope you can help me!

Best regards
BEN

All you have to do.....

Install fake GPS app, goto developer option in setting of android and set the app to be the positioning software.

Launch app, move yourself to USA

Turn on drone, plug in phone to controller, turn on controller

When app launches and connect to drone you will get the popup, say switch

Unplug phone, turn of fake GPS app, plug phone back into controller, when the popup comes up click cancel

Win!

Pics to help, need to turn on dev options, goto about and tap build number multiple times till it says developer mode enabled.

Think THIS is the bit everyone misses, and just expects fake GPS to work without setting the dev optionsScreenshot_20180630-102414_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20180630-102553_Settings.jpeg

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112