DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

For fcc on mavic pro you must use 4.1.15mod app.
You can check on your device in dji folder log-cache-areacode and then in log.txt open with viewer and read ac= US and further down city=US then you are on FCC

Thanks! Where can I find 4.1.15 mod app? Once on fcc with android, can I swap on iOS and stay on FCC?

Thansk

To everyone trying to change from CE to FCC mode it works but its a bit of a trial and error to get it working. It took me 10 mins but it worked. Its a permanent solution as long as you press cancel every time you start the dji go4 app so you stay at fcc and dont change to ce.
As i use iphone normally i had to switch to an android phone temporarily.. installed any gps fake location app and when you are sure it works just start the dji go 4 app and you should have 11 instead of 13 channels now.
For me to make it work i used the phone to mavic air connection without the remote and it worked.
For someone else maybe connection to the air via the remote might work better..
In any case omce you are done close the fake gps or just switch to the iPhone and after switching off and on the air and the remote etc just to be safe you should see the message “... wifi area.. bla bla bla” and every-tine you say no or cancel and it works!

Reactions: minion
To everyone trying to change from CE to FCC mode it works but its a bit of a trial and error to get it working. It took me 10 mins but it worked. Its a permanent solution as long as you press cancel every time you start the dji go4 app so you stay at fcc and dont change to ce.
As i use iphone normally i had to switch to an android phone temporarily.. installed any gps fake location app and when you are sure it works just start the dji go 4 app and you should have 11 instead of 13 channels now.
For me to make it work i used the phone to mavic air connection without the remote and it worked.
In any case omce you are done close the fake gps or just switch to the iPhone and after switching off and on the air and the remote etc just to be safe you should see the message “... wifi area.. bla bla bla” and every-tine you say no or cancel and it works!

Would it still work with the latest from where update for the Mavic Air ?

I confirm, above workaround works with MA firmware version 01.000.200

I am in the UK and have a Mavic Pro.
I have installed "Fake GPS v2.0.6 by APKPure" onto my CrystalSky 5.5".
I have set a location on the Fake GPS App in Colorado.
I have set the Fake GPS location active.
I have run DJI Go4 App and the map location dot in the DJI Go4 Map is the same as the Fake GPS App location - Colorado.

Now.... how do I know that my Mavic Pro Controller has switched to FCC Mode?
I did not see any message that says that "regional settings have changed..... etc.".

I have looked through all the menu options in the DJI Go4 App that I can think of, but there is nothing different about the Controller video frequency or anything that would indicate to me that the Controller has taken any notice of the spoof GPS.

Has anyone tried this

After making the changes, go into the WiFi channel display page of the Go4 app, if there are at total of 11 channels it’s in FCC mode, if there are 13 channels it’s in CE mode.

Reactions: Myha

For me it works and i have latest versions of everything.

But i think its a permanent solution in any case as even if you accidentally press ok and go back to europe you can always the gps hack to change it back to fcc.

Well, until they make it validate location using the GPS from the drone, anyway...

Well, until they make it validate location using the GPS from the drone, anyway...

True.. but with the mavic pro it was never an issue for me as even at CE signal strength was excellent ..

Now its another story all together.. especially around buildings and areas with interference signal strength on the mavic air is terrible.

I am comparing same locations of course so unless dji comes up with a way to resolve this issue, which i very much doubt, st least with fcc mode here in Europe we ge that extra power.

Maybe i was wrong but when i bought the air i thought i would get a more advanced pro at a more compact body. Ok they said that distance would be halved but this is much worse than expected.

True.. but with the mavic pro it was never an issue for me as even at CE signal strength was excellent ..

Now its another story all together.. especially around buildings and areas with interference signal strength on the mavic air is terrible.

I am comparing same locations of course so unless dji comes up with a way to resolve this issue, which i very much doubt, st least with fcc mode here in Europe we ge that extra power.

Maybe i was wrong but when i bought the air i thought i would get a more advanced pro at a more compact body. Ok they said that distance would be halved but this is much worse than expected.

Oh I'm not judging, tricking my Air it was in America was (not quite) literally the first thing I did out of the box.

I use litchi in any case for long distance flights. So bad connection is not really an issue..
More an announce and disappointment

Done mine earlier and tested, only went 500m but much much better :D

Hello everyone. After being doing many tests with my mavic pro. I managed to put it in FCC. The trick is to put the mavic in wifi mode (with the switch) Open the App DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 (in airplane mode minus the wifi). You connect it to the mavic and that's it. If it does not work at the first try more times. When in Wifi mode, a tab appears in the App with the Wi-Fi channels. 11 FCC or 13 CE. Now you can use the official app, it is very important to always be in airplane mode. If you use the app with internet, it automatically passes to CE, without asking. I hope you will be there for help.

Hello everyone. After being doing many tests with my mavic pro. I managed to put it in FCC. The trick is to put the mavic in wifi mode (with the switch) Open the App DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 (in airplane mode minus the wifi). You connect it to the mavic and that's it. If it does not work at the first try more times. When in Wifi mode, a tab appears in the App with the Wi-Fi channels. 11 FCC or 13 CE. Now you can use the official app, it is very important to always be in airplane mode. If you use the app with internet, it automatically passes to CE, without asking. I hope you will be there for help.

Unless something has changed the last few days mine stays at FCC although i fly in europe and i have internet on my phone.
I get the annoying message every time which i press cancel but it works. No need for airplane mode.

Unless something has changed the last few days mine stays at FCC although i fly in europe and i have internet on my phone.
I get the annoying message every time which i press cancel but it works. No need for airplane mode.

Same here.

According to the specs:

Operating Frequency 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz and 5.725 - 5.850 GHz

Transmission Power (EIRP)2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC:≤26 dBm
CE: ≤18 dBm
SRRC: ≤18 dBm
MIC:≤18 dBm

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: ≤30 dBm
CE: ≤14 dBm
SRRC: ≤26 dBm

means that in CE you can have both frequency bands.
But - you have to check your local (Greece) regulations, if there are any restrictions related to 5.8 GHz.

I miss my old phantom 3 days that you can select and go beyond 2.4ghz selection to avoid interference.

anyone managed to make the eu to fcc hack work on the mavic air yet? have been trying for hours without any sucess
..UPDATE.. got it to work!
You need to use the direct mobile phone wifi connection without the remote controller to change the mode from CE to FCC, i was trying via the remote controller and it was not changing.
Once you set it to FCC with 11 channels instead of 13 for europe then you can conect back via the cable to the remote controller and in my case my iphone and then you will get the change of location warning message which you must cancel every time from now on!
will try double range hopefuly tomorrow!!

I have dropped you a PM, appreciate your guidacen. Thanks

Switched my MA to FCC mode using GPS spoofing using Xcode on a Mac. Difference is HUGE. Now I can fly upto 700 meters away without a single video signal drop. Previously it started complaining about weak signal at as far as 400 meters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J