DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

I have checked i can get 5.8 But in any case i would get 14 or 18db at the best.
We are talking about the remote controller transmission specs right? Not the mobile phone direct connection?

We are talking about the remote controller transmission specs right?
Yes.

Because using your mobile device only, you are limited to::
Distance: 80 m
Height: 50 m

anyone managed to make the eu to fcc hack work on the mavic air yet? have been trying for hours without any sucess
..UPDATE.. got it to work!
You need to use the direct mobile phone wifi connection without the remote controller to change the mode from CE to FCC, i was trying via the remote controller and it was not changing.
Once you set it to FCC with 11 channels instead of 13 for europe then you can conect back via the cable to the remote controller and in my case my iphone and then you will get the change of location warning message which you must cancel every time from now on!
will try double range hopefuly tomorrow!!

Last edited:
anyone managed to make the eu to fcc hack work on the mavic air yet? have been trying for hours without any sucess
..UPDATE.. got it to work!
You need to use the direct mobile phone wifi connection without the remote controller to change the mode from CE to FCC, i was trying via the remote controller and it was not changing.
Once you set it to FCC with 11 channels instead of 13 for europe then you can conect back via the cable to the remote controller and in my case my iphone and then you will get the change of location warning message which you must cancel every time from now on!
will try double range hopefuly tomorrow!!

Works with remote too.
All you need is Fake GPS app and an Android device.

I am confused is this for the direct connection between the mobile and the air without the use of the remote controller?
Reason i am asking is because unlike the mavic pro the air uses wifi for the connection between the remote and the air both for mobile phone stand alone mode and remote controller mode.

The Air connects wifi to the RC Controller. It does not Connect to the Drone.

Only the Spark can connect Wifi to the drone but when you do you have very limited in range.

All DJI drones that have a controller connect wifi from the smart device to the Controller. The controller acts as the network hub.

That's incorrect. You can connect the Mavic Air directly to a phone via WiFi, and you cannot connect a smart device to the Mavic Air controller via WiFi like with the Spark.

I did all that but only worked with wifi mode direct to air and not via the remote.
That is just the way i managed to get it to work!
I tried it connecting phone<>drone via wifi first, didn't work. Did it via remote, then it worked. Guess it's just different devices, or maybe you need to restart something along the line a couple of times to get it to pick up the change?

I am in the UK and have a Mavic Pro.
I have installed "Fake GPS v2.0.6 by APKPure" onto my CrystalSky 5.5".
I have set a location on the Fake GPS App in Colorado.
I have set the Fake GPS location active.
I have run DJI Go4 App and the map location dot in the DJI Go4 Map is the same as the Fake GPS App location - Colorado.

Now.... how do I know that my Mavic Pro Controller has switched to FCC Mode?
I did not see any message that says that "regional settings have changed..... etc.".

I have looked through all the menu options in the DJI Go4 App that I can think of, but there is nothing different about the Controller video frequency or anything that would indicate to me that the Controller has taken any notice of the spoof GPS.

Has anyone tried this

i just tried on my mavic pro with a galaxy s8+. The map in GO4 is still showing exactly where i am and not paying attention to the Floater App.
I havent tried on my CS but imagine it will be the same

just tried the Fake GPS app and also tried on my crystal sky. No success. Im thinking it may be because of the GPS on the bird itself?

Hi guys.

I apologize, but I use this thread for a Magic Pro clarification:

- could someone type a precise guide about how to set the FCC mode in Europe (not direct WiFi) on Mavic Pro?

- once set FCC with fake gps app, can I reconnect iPhone and stay on FCC?

Many many thanks

Best regards

Reactions: erdalbalci08
In the specs. It mention
FCC
CE
SRRC
MIC
Which country comes under SRRC and MIC regulations?

For fcc on mavic pro you must use 4.1.15mod app.
You can check on your device in dji folder log-cache-areacode and then in log.txt open with viewer and read ac= US and further down city=US then you are on FCC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat