DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Latest DJI Go Firmware has removed the Wi-fi cancel button so it always goes back to CE ... on iPhone having used Android to initially spoof location.

Attachments

• D5A349C6-FE4B-4C71-A1AA-13B5AE5118A2.png
    D5A349C6-FE4B-4C71-A1AA-13B5AE5118A2.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: newt2u
I downloaded the latest version of DJI Go today and I also do not have the option "cancel" but only "ok".

In a blind panic I just checked this out. Looks like it's just iOS app so far. 4.2.8 android app still works fine. Cancel option still displays and can be chosen, and 11 wifi channels confirmed.
Is there some technical reason that precludes them from implementing this region lockdown update in Android app too?

Once the RC and FC firmware are latest, is there any reason to upgrade the app? will you get warned for not using the latest app?

I downloaded the latest version of DJI Go today and I also do not have the option "cancel" but only "ok".
Android or iOS? Which version number?
I’m using iOS 4.2.8 and all is as was

I am on android, 4.2.8, the cancel button is still there every time it starts up and still showing 11ch if I click cancel. I guess the end of FCC in CE area trick is coming to an end soon.......

I am on android, 4.2.8, the cancel button is still there every time it starts up and still showing 11ch if I click cancel. I guess the end of FCC in CE area trick is coming to an end soon.......
All you have to do is fly with phone data and WiFi off .....the drone cannot check the firmware then and it will have no need to update .....u dont either of these on anyway

All you have to do is fly with phone data and WiFi off .....the drone cannot check the firmware then and it will have no need to update .....u dont either of these on anyway

If you don't allow the app to sign in and check firmware at start up, it will limit you to 30m altitude I believe. You can go into airplane mode after that check and before you fly.

If you don't allow the app to sign in and check firmware at start up, it will limit you to 30m altitude I believe. You can go into airplane mode after that check and before you fly.
No that isn't true ....I've had my Air for 2 months now and never flown with my phone data or WiFi on and I regularly go out to 2 or 3 km with no limits

Reactions: Mcgon
I use an iPad Air 2 without cellular; I always leave WiFi on. Checked out FCC mode today, prompt to cancel change of location still worked... so did FCC mode!

Latest DJI Go Firmware has removed the Wi-fi cancel button so it always goes back to CE ... on iPhone having used Android to initially spoof location.
Mine is still working on IOS DJI Go 4.2.8 and 1.300 FW on MA. Still getting the cancel dialog box, and having FCC! To be safe i have disabled automatic updates for DJI Go app.

on the version 4.2.8 there is no change in the operation of the FCC mod
No change ? You saying we should be able to Drag and Drop into iTunes, the config file with the FCC information and it should work? If you dont have the answer dont worry,
thx

Am I the only one noticing the "Cancel" button below the "OK" button on the attached screenshot?

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Am I the only one noticing the "Cancel" button below the "OK" button on the attached screenshot?

Yeah that's on a different firmware thing not related to the wifi! Two dialogue boxes stacked on top of each other.

Anyone update to Go 4 ver 4.2.12 on iOS and confirmed no impact on FCC mode?

Just tried this on my Air
Latest Dji Go app on android
Latest Air FW.

I spoofed my location, opened the app, got greeted with the changes in wlan stuff and pressed okay.
Opened my wifi settings tab, and it updated from 13 to 11 channels. Magic.
Switched the gps thing off, went back in, still 11, and I tried to switch channels. The app frooze and said I needed to update my drone FW. Oddly enough it said FW 0...
Restarted the drone and remote and I seem to still be in FCC mode, awesome!

not tried it on ios so cant say anything about that, but have u guys tried adding the virtual buttons, and press the back button on that... maybe that works`?

Reactions: Fire377
I travel between Canada and the US often. After reading about the signal differences (pertaining to distance) between FCC and CE, I decided to go with the US standard (FCC). In other words, while in the US, I agreed to set my wi-fi to the FCC standard when it came up on the GO4 application. When in Canada, I choose to cancel/ignore the request to change it back.

As a result, I am able to maintain the 5Ghz signal for greater distance, without degradation of the video feed. I have no scientific data to produce but the differences in video performance were stark imho. We're not talking 2 miles here, I don't need to push it that far...I am talking a very reasonable 3/4th mile to 1-mile distance. FCC all the way in my opinion. I still leave signal selection on auto (2.4 or 5Ghz) whichever is least busy. Obviously, the 5Ghz is where the rubber meets the road.

I am not a "signals communication" expert. I have no idea why each country chose the way it did. Obviously, Canada is 1/10th of the population of the US. So, why the stronger signal is allowed in a more densely populated area??? Perhaps, the stronger signal is needed to project over all the other signal noise? or...the rules were set before a need arose to change them? Got me, ask a signals expert, lol.

I say drones need their own signal type/bandwidth. The UAV/drone location needs to be handled/coordinated by a data processing center (connected to the various air traffic centers). The secure application could verify your type of flying, authorization etc. The drone user could stop worrying about the insane set of rules and simply plan a trip and video/photo the beautiful scenery knowing they won't kill someone flying overhead in a helicopter, airplane. The system would coordinate authorization/timing and override your input if required for safety reasons. All the while, keeping your UAV safe (lowering altitude when required). Come on innovators, you can do this, lol. I lack the code writing experience or I would do it for you.

Reactions: ados_cz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead