DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Apparently since the latest update we need to do the following:

Yes, there are now 2 more steps with the new firmware. When you enable fake location, go to your phone settings, location settings, on 'improve accuracy' turn off 'wifi scanning', and then change 'locating method' to 'battery saving mode'. Enter dji go app and it should change to fcc. Once that's done just change your location settings back to normal. Let me know if this works for you.
If this is android, I just stick my phone in airplane mode.

Apparently since the latest update we need to do the following:

Yes, there are now 2 more steps with the new firmware. When you enable fake location, go to your phone settings, location settings, on 'improve accuracy' turn off 'wifi scanning', and then change 'locating method' to 'battery saving mode'. Enter dji go app and it should change to fcc. Once that's done just change your location settings back to normal. Let me know if this works for you.
Is that on iOS or Android?

Flew mine for 1st time since changing to FCC.

It's definitely an improvement, the feed back to my phone is just a lot more stable when I watch back the cached videos. I've not tried a range test, but not too fussed about range anyway.

And yes, with the latest FW I still get the WiFi region pop-up.

I went a mile out after changing to FCC, did it out in the countryside with a clear line of sight. Still had full signal when I turned back, but a mile is plenty.

Tried it in a semi urban area and didnt get any interference warnings or major signal drops.

FCC mode really is amazing.

Reactions: Robothamster
Apologies if this has been asked before, but trying to go through 231 sometimes conflicting posts has lost me.

1) is there an iPhone solution, or just Android?
2) is there a tutorial/idiots guide (conscious that some of the YouTube ones are probably out of date)

Thanks

Yes there is an iPhone solution, more an Apple solution really as it requires a Mac computer to do it properly.

The youtube videos are pretty up to date as the guide for the Spark is the same as for the Air, EXCEPT that you dont need to connect to the Air via wifi as you connect to it via a hard wire to the controller.

Takes less than 60 seconds to do the ‘mod’ once its all set up correctly.

Reactions: Jez275
Yes there is an iPhone solution, more an Apple solution really as it requires a Mac computer to do it properly.

The youtube videos are pretty up to date as the guide for the Spark is the same as for the Air, EXCEPT that you dont need to connect to the Air via wifi as you connect to it via a hard wire to the controller.

Takes less than 60 seconds to do the ‘mod’ once its all set up correctly.

Excellent- thank you. I have access to a Macbook so I’ll give it a go.

Any particular tutorials you’d recommend?

This is the tutorial I used -

I would advise you to start downloading ‘Xcode’ now as its a big file and can take a while.

Any questions or problems then just ask.

Reactions: badbrain
Excellent- thank you. I have access to a Macbook so I’ll give it a go.

Any particular tutorials you’d recommend?
The video on page 1 of this thread is very straight forward! (As long as you can access an android device)

Previous poster asked for the method using an iPhone, I gave him that method. Lets not confuse him further on a process that is already confusing enough for first time users.

Reactions: Rorywquin
Previous poster asked for the method using an iPhone, I gave him that method. Lets not confuse him further on a process that is already confusing enough for first time users.
Not trying to confuse anyone, just pointing out that, if he can access an android device, there is a very simple alternative to using Xcode, which works for the Mavic Air as well as the Spark.

Seeing as he specifically asked for the iPhone method then why dont we just stick with that?

What harm is there in replying with the information that they asked for?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming