DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

I just managed to install a modded version of Go 4 on a iPad mini 4. Tried it the other day and thought it made some difference. Just heading out now to try in a more open area, since I was in the middle of a somewhat dense forest patch during last try. I’m using 2.4gHz.

Hello dear countryman,
I just saw your DM about how to get the DeinHode-hack sideloaded, but it seems like you've already figured it out. I'm keen on reading about your test results. I can't say I've experienced a night/day difference, but I haven't been doing any thorough tests on the other hand. So please hit is with your experiences while done testing.

Cheers from Stockholm

Hello fellow swedish aviator! I managed to side load another modded app than the one you mentioned (unless it’s the same version).

Just finished testing it in the field. Like you said, I did not experience any night/day difference. I did actually screen record four test flights, but checking closer into the version of the mod I used and reading this forum, it seems like the mod version that I used might have been “stolen” from a user that published the mod for free. The mod version I used had a link to a webpage at startup, and as far as I understand, that webpage asks for money for this mod. Since the modded app might be “stolen” by a guy who asks for money for work made by someone else, I will not publish the screen recordings that I made. I don’t want to advertise that webpage to people that might wander into this thread in the future. If someone took their good time to mod this app, and publish it for free, I wouldn’t want to endorse people who just ripped it and makes profit from it.

I can however say that:
A: Trying the range of the Mavic 2 while in a open and somewhat elevated location is just awe inspiring. I got 4km of range before losing connection. Without mod/hack. It did lag a little now and then, before breakup, but still, I’m impressed.
I’m certain that some users might require better range then that, but I am not one of those users. 4 km! Come on.. Who needs better range?
B: I noticed no difference while using the modded app, force FCC = ON or force FCC = OFF. Video broke up at around the same distance. Leading me to believe that either the initial choices in the modded app does no difference = FCC is always on, regardless the inputs. Or, the modded app does no difference at all.
However, I was located at a good takeoff point, and the flights were performed at 120m height, not flying over obviously 2.4gHz cluttered environments. Perhaps the difference (if any) will stand out when changing location/flight path.

Hence, further testing is required. Thinking of starting out in dense forest, and also flying over urban parts of a town, where 2.4gHz transmitters (aka home routers) should be in abundance.

I did try the DJI Goggles with force FCC = off in a separate flight and reached about the same distance before video loss, but the image became choppy a lot sooner. So I didn’t try the goggles with FCC = on for the last battery I had during the test. Instead I switched iDevice and ran a totally stock version of DJI Go 4, and the distance I got amounted to ~3800m before choppy video feed, 4095m to loss of video feed.
EG = the same distance as when running the modded app, Forced FCC mode or not.

C: I will test this mod while operating from a much less suitable place than when I got the reported results above. I will also be flying over a much more WiFi-cluttered area than Indid during this test. If the difference is not slamming, I will revert to the “normal” stock version of DJI Go4. Also, I will try to find the time to seek out the original author of the modded app that I used, and ask for his/her opinion regarding the findings of this test flight, and hopefully a copy of the original mod made by this person, so that I can post screen recordings, without endorsing any gold diggers.

Hello fellow swedish aviator! I managed to side load another modded app than the one you mentioned (unless it’s the same version).

Just finished testing it in the field. Like you said, I did not experience any night/day difference. I did actually screen record four test flights, but checking closer into the version of the mod I used and reading this forum, it seems like the mod version that I used might have been “stolen” from a user that published the mod for free. The mod version I used had a link to a webpage at startup, and as far as I understand, that webpage asks for money for this mod. Since the modded app might be “stolen” by a guy who asks for money for work made by someone else, I will not publish the screen recordings that I made. I don’t want to advertise that webpage to people that might wander into this thread in the future. If someone took their good time to mod this app, and publish it for free, I wouldn’t want to endorse people who just ripped it and makes profit from it.

I can however say that:
A: Trying the range of the Mavic 2 while in a open and somewhat elevated location is just awe inspiring. I got 4km of range before losing connection. Without mod/hack. It did lag a little now and then, before breakup, but still, I’m impressed.
I’m certain that some users might require better range then that, but I am not one of those users. 4 km! Come on.. Who needs better range?
B: I noticed no difference while using the modded app, force FCC = ON or force FCC = OFF. Video broke up at around the same distance. Leading me to believe that either the initial choices in the modded app does no difference = FCC is always on, regardless the inputs. Or, the modded app does no difference at all.
However, I was located at a good takeoff point, and the flights were performed at 120m height, not flying over obviously 2.4gHz cluttered environments. Perhaps the difference (if any) will stand out when changing location/flight path.

Hence, further testing is required. Thinking of starting out in dense forest, and also flying over urban parts of a town, where 2.4gHz transmitters (aka home routers) should be in abundance.

I did try the DJI Goggles with force FCC = off in a separate flight and reached about the same distance before video loss, but the image became choppy a lot sooner. So I didn’t try the goggles with FCC = on for the last battery I had during the test. Instead I switched iDevice and ran a totally stock version of DJI Go 4, and the distance I got amounted to ~3800m before choppy video feed, 4095m to loss of video feed.
EG = the same distance as when running the modded app, Forced FCC mode or not.

C: I will test this mod while operating from a much less suitable place than when I got the reported results above. I will also be flying over a much more WiFi-cluttered area than Indid during this test. If the difference is not slamming, I will revert to the “normal” stock version of DJI Go4. Also, I will try to find the time to seek out the original author of the modded app that I used, and ask for his/her opinion regarding the findings of this test flight, and hopefully a copy of the original mod made by this person, so that I can post screen recordings, without endorsing any gold diggers.

Now that Cydia Impactor is broken on a semi-permanent basis, what did you use to sideload the IPA? I tried AltStore, but according to KubaDownload the current version of AltStore has a bug where it can’t sideload IPA larger than 500 MB.

Now that Cydia Impactor is broken on a semi-permanent basis, what did you use to sideload the IPA? I tried AltStore, but according to KubaDownload the current version of AltStore has a bug where it can’t sideload IPA larger than 500 MB.

On an iPad running iOS 13.3, jailbroken with unc0ver, I used Cydia impactor.

In Cydia, I went -> Sources -> Edit -> Add -> http://cydia.akemi.ia/ -> Add source

Then, still in Cydia I added the following: 'Search' -> AppSync Unified and 'Search' -> Filza File Manager.

AppSync Unified will sign the IPA, and Filza File manager will allow you to install the mod from a direct link, just download the mod to your device and choose "Copy to Filza file manager" or something similar. Note that you might not see ane notice on completion in Filza (I use dark theme iOS, not sure if that makes any difference) but just let it do it's thing.

The IPA Mod I used was slightly under 600MB in size.

Reactions: snapperfishes
On an iPad running iOS 13.3, jailbroken with unc0ver, I used Cydia impactor.

In Cydia, I went -> Sources -> Edit -> Add -> http://cydia.akemi.ia/ -> Add source

Then, still in Cydia I added the following: 'Search' -> AppSync Unified and 'Search' -> Filza File Manager.

AppSync Unified will sign the IPA, and Filza File manager will allow you to install the mod from a direct link, just download the mod to your device and choose "Copy to Filza file manager" or something similar. Note that you might not see ane notice on completion in Filza (I use dark theme iOS, not sure if that makes any difference) but just let it do it's thing.

The IPA Mod I used was slightly under 600MB in size.

It seems like AppSync Unified is the only option. I was wondering if there’s a non-jailbreak way to do this.

Which DJI Go 4 version did you install btw? The most commonly shared version is 4.3.24, but KuberDownload (someone posted it on the previous page) has the newer 4.3.32.

It seems like AppSync Unified is the only option. I was wondering if there’s a non-jailbreak way to do this.

Which DJI Go 4 version did you install btw? The most commonly shared version is 4.3.24, but KuberDownload (someone posted it on the previous page) has the newer 4.3.32.

I installed version 4.3.24. Do you know of any changelogs or somewhere I can find details about the different existing versions of the mod? I figure that somethings should set them apart.

Regarding signing of the apps, which I understand is something you have to do every 7 days, I installed an app called Reprovision, and it appears to be working. No need to connect the iOS device to a computer. At least it said that it signed AltStore and unc0ver successfully, I guess I will know in a couple of days.

Initially I also looked for a way to install the mod app without jailbreaking, but it gave me too much of a headache. Turned out that jailbreaking was very easy. I use the jailbroken device solely for flying though, not sure if I would want to jailbreak my everyday phone. I also created a new Apple-ID just to use on the jail broken device.

I installed version 4.3.24. Do you know of any changelogs or somewhere I can find details about the different existing versions of the mod? I figure that somethings should set them apart.

Regarding signing of the apps, which I understand is something you have to do every 7 days, I installed an app called Reprovision, and it appears to be working. No need to connect the iOS device to a computer. At least it said that it signed AltStore and unc0ver successfully, I guess I will know in a couple of days.

Initially I also looked for a way to install the mod app without jailbreaking, but it gave me too much of a headache. Turned out that jailbreaking was very easy. I use the jailbroken device solely for flying though, not sure if I would want to jailbreak my everyday phone. I also created a new Apple-ID just to use on the jail broken device.

The version numbers are for the updates made by DJI. I am not sure if the tweak itself has ever been updated. You can find the change log here: ‎DJI GO 4 (click on Version History).

As for the 2 version I posted (4.3.24 & 4.3.32), the only difference I have noticed so far is that 3.24 requires you to minimise the app (double click the home button then press the edge of the screen, or pull the bottom bar half way up and then click on the edge of the screen) and then open the app again in order to switch from CE to FCC. Whereas on 3.32 the app automatically switches to FCC. In fact I can't force CE on 3.32. Even if I choose CE after launching the app, it actually operates in FCC mode.

I have a separate iPhone 8+ for JB too. I use online banking and mobile payment a lot, so I really don't want to JB my everyday phone. As for signing, I am using AltStore only. If I am not mistaken, the developer of Reprovision has stopped updating it and recommended using AltStore instead. The downside is of course you need to turn on your PC in order to refresh the apps.

I can confirm that the forced FCC worked for me on my M2 Zoom, jailbroken iPad 4 running iOS 13.3, Mod GO 4 app v. 4.3.32. To get the modded app installed I used the method described by me in a previous post.

I took of from inside a somewhat dense forest, I’m sure that the trees hinders the signal. But it was an elevated position.

First flight with stock app and CE-mode I got 2300m/7545ft before signal brake up.

Second flight with modded app and FCC-mode I got 4000m/13123ft without signal or video brake up, but I turned back home at that point. I doubt I ever will have the need to go so far out.

Third flight I used the modded app and the DJI goggles, white edition. Unfortunately and most disappointingly, the range did not improve. I started to get choppy video and interference warnings at exactly the same spot as when in CE-mode, about 2200m/7217ft out, video stopped at 2500m/8202ft and I lost signal completely at 2700m/8858ft.

I did however sit down when performing the test with the goggles, which may have affected the orientation of the antennas, but standing up didn’t improve the signal.

I would be very interested if some other pilot with goggles could perform the same test with the goggles. Do you get better range with them while flying in FCC mode instead of CE?

I don’t know the mechanism behind it. I figured that the app determines the settings the RC should use, and I figured the same would apply to the Goggles. Startup order was: RC -> M2 -> Goggles.

Could possibly be that the trees I was near disrupted the goggles antennas, but the RC was fine. In the next test I will go to the same are and fly the same path, and when the signal is lost, I will shut off the goggles and see what happens.

I have used drone-hacks to enable FCC and boost mode. The process was fairly simple and no need for modded apps.
There was a small cost.

I haven't really tested range it but is there a way to see on the Go4 app if FCC mode is enabled or not?

There's really no way to see if it is enabled actually if you are in CE land there is a way to tell by looking at the graph and transmission settings you will have to do more research on that part also to the guy using a jailbroken app I don't think you need to do that I think all apps will work even the updated ones with fcc and boost ..... Now if you don't want to phone home then I get it ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian