DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

What kind of function do you expect to work?
NFZ and Override 500FT height limitation mods in-app will NOT work.

My absolute priority is to get the Mavic 2 out of the strangled CE mode. Anything beyond that will just be a bonus.

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this field, but why is it necessary to shoot in the tweak settings from iTunes? Having done all the work cloning and altering the DJI GO app, why don't just include the new features in the app?

My absolute priority is to get the Mavic 2 out of the strangled CE mode. Anything beyond that will just be a bonus.

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this field, but why is it necessary to shoot in the tweak settings from iTunes? Having done all the work cloning and altering the DJI GO app, why don't just include the new features in the app?
It does not work like that.

Frida is actually a code library and adds support for a Tweak.js file and the library will look for that file and alter things loaded into memory by the app at runtime. The point of it is you can add whatever you like to the tweak file if you know what you are doing.

It does not work like that.

Frida is actually a code library and adds support for a Tweak.js file and the library will look for that file and alter things loaded into memory by the app at runtime. The point of it is you can add whatever you like to the tweak file if you know what you are doing.

Thanks for explaining. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing ? Just checked the tweak file:

version: 0.23,
debug: false,
country_code_us: false,
force_boost: false,
force_2_3_G: false,
force_2_5_G: false,
illegal_channels: false,
disable_fw_upgrade: true,
disable_nfz_upgrade: true

Am I supposed to change i.e. country_code_us: to "true" before adding the tweak file via iTunes? And is there any way that I can confirm that 1. The ipa that I've installed is the right one and 2. The tweak.js file actually is copied to the right location and 3. That the GO app reads the js file?

Also, what are the ipa_patch.sh and FridaGadget.config files? Should I do anything with them?

Last edited:
read the readme ;)

You CAN set the defaults in the file and disable the interaction... or leave it as is and when the app starts there will be a popup with options to enable stuff. Once you have enabled stuff if you then minimise the app and bring it back the app will show a message something like "updated setting to meet local requirements" or something.. that means its adjusted the power settings

read the readme ;)

You CAN set the defaults in the file and disable the interaction... or leave it as is and when the app starts there will be a popup with options to enable stuff. Once you have enabled stuff if you then minimise the app and bring it back the app will show a message something like "updated setting to meet local requirements" or something.. that means its adjusted the power settings

Thanks,

If you mean the readme cited below I'm afraid it doesn't bring me much help. I've followed the instruction here howto:apple_ios_patched_dji_go4 [dji.retroroms.info] and also the YT tutorial here

These instructions don't mention anything about the config files or the ipa_patch.sh. Are there any important parts omitted from these instruction, or do I just have bad luck?

It would be very much appreciated if someone would tell me how to handle:

1. ipa_patch.sh
2. FridaGadget.config
3. The different config files such as .DJI.configs_force_boost_and_25 and on, found on DJI Модификация и снятие летных ограничений (had to auto translate).

# Tweak for DJI GO 4
## Key features:
1) Enables FCC on all devices (Force FCC / Country Code US)
2) Enables 5.8 on supported devices (Country Code US)
3) Enables 32ch mode
4) Enables BOOST
5) Disables Firmware checking
6) Forces frequency to 2.3G or 2.5G

> Tested on:
> * Mavic Pro
> * Mavic Air
> * Inspire 2

## Installation How-To
* [How to install the Patched DJI GO4 App on iPad or iPhone](http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/apple_ios_patched_dji_go4)
* [DJI FAQ](https://dji.maximlord.ru/)

## Disable menu:
**Set needed options to true**
```javascript
var config = {
version: 0.22,
debug: false,
country_code_us: true,
force_boost: false,
force_2_3_G: false,
force_2_5_G: false,
illegal_channels: true,
disable_fw_upgrade: true,
disable_nfz_upgrade: true
};
```
**Comment line that enables interaction**

Change from:
```javascript
interaction();
```

to:
```javascript
//interaction();
```

## Roadmap:
1) Disable NFZ Checking
2) Disable Quiz pop-up

## My Contacts
* Email: [email protected]

The YT video is by far too old.
Sideloading .Ipa got much more difficult as if apples interventions.

Straight forward w/o lots of frustration at the moment is
- jailbreaking your device (blackra1n)
- installing the automatic IOS codesigning
- using the subscription version of the tweaked app from Daniil Z. Which works by several methods of installation

It works with the patched (most recent) App versions from Dji and recent Mavic firmware updates. Enabling FCC, boostMode and frequency selection.

The YT video is by far too old.
Sideloading .Ipa got much more difficult as if apples interventions.

Straight forward w/o lots of frustration at the moment is
- jailbreaking your device (blackra1n)
- installing the automatic IOS codesigning
- using the subscription version of the tweaked app from Daniil Z. Which works by several methods of installation

It works with the patched (most recent) App versions from Dji and recent Mavic firmware updates. Enabling FCC, boostMode and frequency selection.

How come you know this solution works so well, but not the price for the subscription? Have you actually tried it yourself?

I purchased the subscription 1 year ago. At that time it was 50€ per iOS device year. I think it has become cheaper in the meantime but don’t know. One subscription works on difference iOS devices now. One at a time only.

- From a technical perspective the tweaked app worked well all time long. In the beginning there was a Delay from the DJI releases to the tweaked versions. In the meantime this is close to zero. Also that other DJI Apps are available besides the Go4 App is quite new. Also The tweak itself developed in the meantime. The newest one comes with a 2Phase auth. Linked to your subscription. So nobody can copy/Steel the tweak as it was possible in the past. You need to activate it (internet connection required!) and can use it even w/o internet for 2 weeks then

- I sideloaded the app it in the beginning using a paid 1year code signing (10€/year). The certificate I bought was then revoked by Apple and this didn’t work any longer. After jailbreaking the device I fly with and installing as I described, everything works nicely. The same using iFunbox

Here is what is told about pricing in the respective telegram channel. Anyhow.... I remember there have bee some discounts.....

How-To:
First, you need to get your own QR code from us - please write to [email protected]

For activation you need to install Google Authenticator application from AppStore and scan your QR code.
Tweak loader will ask you for 8-char Activation Code and 6-digit 2FA code from Google Authenticator.

If you want to change your device you can activate license same way on different device.
Please note - license can be associated only with one device at same time.

Pricing (after free 7-days trial):
DJI GO - 30€ per iOS device per year
DJI GO 4 - 50€ per iOS device per year
DJI Pilot - 50€ per iOS device per year
DJI Fly - 30€ per iOS device per year

I purchased the subscription 1 year ago. At that time it was 50€ per iOS device year. I think it has become cheaper in the meantime but don’t know. One subscription works on difference iOS devices now. One at a time only.

- From a technical perspective the tweaked app worked well all time long. In the beginning there was a Delay from the DJI releases to the tweaked versions. In the meantime this is close to zero. Also that other DJI Apps are available besides the Go4 App is quite new. Also The tweak itself developed in the meantime. The newest one comes with a 2Phase auth. Linked to your subscription. So nobody can copy/Steel the tweak as it was possible in the past. You need to activate it (internet connection required!) and can use it even w/o internet for 2 weeks then

- I sideloaded the app it in the beginning using a paid 1year code signing (10€/year). The certificate I bought was then revoked by Apple and this didn’t work any longer. After jailbreaking the device I fly with and installing as I described, everything works nicely. The same using iFunbox

Here is what is told about pricing in the respective telegram channel. Anyhow.... I remember there have bee some discounts.....

How-To:
First, you need to get your own QR code from us - please write to [email protected]

For activation you need to install Google Authenticator application from AppStore and scan your QR code.
Tweak loader will ask you for 8-char Activation Code and 6-digit 2FA code from Google Authenticator.

If you want to change your device you can activate license same way on different device.
Please note - license can be associated only with one device at same time.

Pricing (after free 7-days trial):
DJI GO - 30€ per iOS device per year
DJI GO 4 - 50€ per iOS device per year
DJI Pilot - 50€ per iOS device per year
DJI Fly - 30€ per iOS device per year

OK, thank you very much for clarifying. I'll have to look into this option.

OK, thank you very much for clarifying. I'll have to look into this option.
So in this case, if you are running iOS use the IPA file from this comment FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

Ho to sign IPA files is here

You can find here the newest. version of DJI GO 4 Mod for iOS (version 4.3.32) with the explanation on how to install the IPA file on your device and what kind of options you can activate without modifying the drone firmware. The mod works on Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic Zoom, Mavic Air.

Last edited:
Frustrated about not succeeding in having the Tweak.js file take effect on the Frida GO4, I started googling intensively. Stumbled over this guy, DeinHode, who for some reason only has published his offer in German so far. He asks €20 one time fee for his version of a modded GO4 that features Force FCC, boost mode, 32 channel and force 2,3 and 2,5 GHz. I tried it and I can confirm that it works, checking the 4 km and 1 km lines following this instruction (page down). Facebook contact here (he's fluent in English).

Since I've jailbroken my iOS device with Checkra1n installation was very easy. For anyone having problem with sideloading the app with Cydia Impactor or similar, I really recommend jailbreaking instead. The process is really easy, just need to follow the instructions in the GUI. DeinHode also has a comprehensive instruction on how to install ipa:s through Appsync in his Youtube video. Good luck you all!

Checkra1n Jailbreak does work on recent iOS and on most Apple devices, but not in all of them. Have a look on the checkra1n homepage for supported devices

As far I know, it is only FCC ID.

You can changed to FCC by DJI go Mod only. For now only Iphone can works with FCC hack.

1. Download IPA file. i had success with 4.3.0 instead 4.3.1
2. Install superimpactor, enter your appleID
3. Install the IPA
4. Copy tweak.js from ddzobov to ipa using itunes
5. Set the FCC mode on iphone/ipad
6. Done

I use an android, and i use FCC, didnt go through the FCC hack doe, used vpn to change location to the US and it asked me if i wanted to use FCC and viola faster drone. before my mavic air couldnt reach 10 ft but now it gets to 300ft. However doe if i update the DJi go app to the lastest version will it disable my FCC mode or should i just keep ignoring the update and is there a penalty to ignoring the update ?

Hello, nice to be here!
Wanna share my successful experience on removing some limits from my new Mavic 2 Pro
So, my hardware is:
- Mavic 2 Pro (firmware 01.00.0400, suppose 01.00.0510 is okay too)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (NOT jailbroken)

I live in Ukraine, and I have drone in CE mode and 5.8 GHz locked, only 2.4 GHz available.
After described below steps I have:
- FCC mode
- Dual mode (5.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz)

All these things are possible when using modified DJI GO 4.
You will need a mac with Xcode and $14 or even less.

Steps:
1. Download DJI GO 4 MOD for free from here: iOS/APPLE DJI MOD+REMOVED NFZ APP PAGE!
(scroll to the bottom of the page)

2. Get UUID of you iPhone (google how to get it if needed)

3. Get certificate and mobileprovision profile here: UDID Registrations · Buy Now
This is needed to sign modded DJI GO 4 application, I am using gold option).
It took me about 10 minutes.

4. Sign DJI GO 4 MOD and install it on your iPhone, video manual I used is here:

As result you will have Mavic 2 Pro freed from some limits but altitude and NFZ limits still present,
they only can be hacked through hardware modification as far as I know.
Just read everything carefully and don't hurry. Good luck!

P.S. self-signed 7-days certificate will not work on iOS 13.3.1 because of frameworks signing related bug,
on iOS 13.4 beta 5 or early versions like 13.2 it will work, presumably.

Last edited:
P.S. self-signed 7-days certificate will not work on iOS 13.3.1 because of frameworks signing related bug,
on iOS 13.4 beta 5 or early versions like 13.2 it will work, presumably.

AltStore 1.3b fixes this issue. Available only for Patreon users for the moment, $3 donation to sign any IPA file including on iOS 13.3.1 from Mac or Windows.

I just managed to install a modded version of Go 4 on a iPad mini 4. Tried it the other day and thought it made some difference. Just heading out now to try in a more open area, since I was in the middle of a somewhat dense forest patch during last try. I’m using 2.4gHz.

Will be flying with mod disabled until connection breaks, then fly same direction with mod enabled. (Assuming failsafe RTH does its job, if not you can keep your eyes open for a thread in the crash and fly away assistance part of the forum).

I will also try with/without DJI Goggles (white edition) to see if it makes any difference in range. My guess is that it shouldn’t. I figure the goggles just use whatever mode the RC tell them to use, and obviously, the RC use whatever mode the Go 4 is telling it to use. But would still be nice to do a test, since I have gotten the feeling before that goggles make the already restricted CE mode even more restricted and range is poorer.

the mod I managed to install included removal of NFZ, I will however not try that “feature” out. My personal belief is that the software restrictions are there for a pretty good reason.

If I experience better range, I will make a post here to explain how I got the mod on my I-device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78