DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

no you have to pay for it. my problem is who do you pay

Danill Zobov. He’s posted earlier in this thread. He is the author of all the tweaks that everyone has been using.

There’s 2 things that have a 7 day limitation:

1) When you install the tweak via Cydia Impactor or SuperImpactor, unless you have a paid Apple Developer account, the app will stop working after 7 days. Normally, you would just repeat the install process to get another 7 days. This is true of any app that is ‘sideloaded’ to your iPhone/iPad. Or buy an Apple Developer account and then any sideloaded app will work for 1 year.

2) Since tweak version 0.31, the developer of the tweak (Danill) built in an activation that requires a code after 7 days of usage. You will get a prompt with an activation code and are asked to contact [email protected] (Danill’s email). There is an earlier version of the tweak 0.21 built into earlier versions of DJI Go 4.3.x Frida that does not require payment, but it is not always enabling FCC mode properly. Tweak 0.31 built into the latest DJI Go Frida apps is more stable and keeps FCC mode enabled properly.

Hope that helps to clear some confusion.

Thx also for the Info Dangerm0us

So summarizing up it would take following effort to enable FCC in a halfway reliable manot for us poor poor European guys

- Apple developer account (100$)
- donation for the tweaked version (50$). Also the source is out of reasonable argumentation one we can’t really trust. At least for a longer period of time ....
- some time, knowledge and acceptance to use your Apple Passwords and install the tweak is required. This repeats for each new App Version you want to install

Not mentioning that the 150$ are valid only for one year.

Puuhhh
I think that would not win a price regarding super high acceptance among Drone pilotes. Unfortunately

You can just go and re-impact every 7 days instead of 100 usd/year dev account, using app-specific password instead of the „real“ apple id one (always do that if you cant use 2 factor!!) and the free 0.23 tweak instead of the 50 usd/year.
Only downside will be the 7days but you can also use signing services like appdb or ipastore which are cheaper.
You wont notice much difference but instead of 150 usd you would end up with 20-25 usd/year.

PS: i‘m a poor CE guy aswell and love to change my mavic/mavic air/spark to FCC ;-)

Reactions: dangerm0us
Thx also for the Info Dangerm0us

So summarizing up it would take following effort to enable FCC in a halfway reliable manot for us poor poor European guys

- Apple developer account (100$)
- donation for the tweaked version (50$). Also the source is out of reasonable argumentation one we can’t really trust. At least for a longer period of time ....
- some time, knowledge and acceptance to use your Apple Passwords and install the tweak is required. This repeats for each new App Version you want to install

Not mentioning that the 150$ are valid only for one year.

Puuhhh
I think that would not win a price regarding super high acceptance among Drone pilotes. Unfortunately

You don't have to do Apple Developer account if you don't mind reinstalling the app once per week. :) It depends how much you value your time! One you have Impactor setup, then reinstalling the app to your phone takes less than 5 minutes and about 3 clicks.

For me, it's a no-brainer. I want the strongest signal possible to my aircraft. I don't want to lose it or lose control of it. The CE limitation is a friggin joke. It's not about flying 8km away, it's about maintaining a strong signal in radio frequency congested areas, which is where 99% of us live. What's worse is that Australians, legally, CAN use the power that FCC provides yet DJI bestows CE mode on us anyway... It makes me mad.

Aussie Power Limit citation: EIRP System Calculator

@dangerm0us: I'm fully with your arguments on the FCC Mode. I also see the advantages of the (much) stronger signal in
- higher safety
- transmission quality inflight
- less warnings that disturb the pilot

I checked flying my bird far out into the woods once. It's a nice experience seeing "how far even some kilometers are", "how stable the signal is in FCC" and "how long it feels" until the bird is some kms away even with the impressive speed in sport mode
BUT
at least for me i don't see the reason why i should need that more often. Why should we want to fly it 3km, 4km or even further away? Normally i will walk close to the location where i want to fly my bird or record footage.

Anyhow i would like to have a method where i could apply FCC without the need of repeating installation once a week.
Besides the installing/signing of the Ipa, within DJI Go4 it is also initializing the app - enter ownDJI credentials - runnign through the tutorial ....

Any way to get rid of this would be appreciated.
Forums in my eyes are for
- learning from others
- sharing own experiences (hopefully new and own ones)
- helping others and/or newbies
This is exactly what i try to do here.

Hopefully there will be a better way to do this in the future. If i can support in reaching this goal ... i will do.

I have the same result as you

The only way to see the difference between FCC and boost is with a RF Measuring tool. FCC Boost should push it 1.5W. FCC 0.4W and CE 0.1W respectively.

@dangerm0us: I'm fully with your arguments on the FCC Mode. I also see the advantages of the (much) stronger signal in

Anyhow i would like to have a method where i could apply FCC without the need of repeating installation once a week.
Besides the installing/signing of the Ipa, within DJI Go4 it is also initializing the app - enter ownDJI credentials - runnign through the tutorial ....
i will do.
If you have a Mavic Pro (not sure about M2), you can permanently force FCC or FCC with boost on the bird by using the Jkson5 mod. This means you can use either Android or IOS.
jkson5/jkson_fcc_mod

It works on firmware 1.0400.300 or less.

The version you downloaded from there is the same one I’m trying right now. It’s based on tweak 0.31 by Danill Zobov who is the one who made all the tweaks so far. The newer versions on that repo (from what I can tell it’s his repo) now have tweak.js baked into the .ipa file. It’s 7 day trial and after that 50 euros. So far so good I’m still in trial mode but this version seems stable. No longer getting ‘aircraft updated for local regulations’ message during flights, which was an issue for me using the older tweak 0.2 on 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. I wanted to do a range test this weekend but ran out of time, but based on the signal graphs it’s FCC mode. I think this guy has spent quite a bit of time getting us this tweak.

Hey,

just a little correction on this matter. Daniil Zobov IS NOT the author of the patches, what he did is cleaning it up and add some UI popup to ask which mode to switch. The initial work of using frida to patch the iOS app can be found here and is called PrettyWoman (as you see it is pretty old already (end of 2017!)):
howto:fridahooklibrary [dji.retroroms.info]

Also more info on FRIDA for iOS can be found here:
howto:iosfrida [dji.retroroms.info]
howto:apple_ios_patched_dji_go4 [dji.retroroms.info]

All is done in the slack group:
Create Account | Slack

Daniil Zobov was part of this group too, he went mad at me and was banned shortly after. the idea of the group is not to charge for such things, but enable people to understand and do it themselves.
If you NEED spoon feeding you can also use NLD, which gives back directly to the creator of the specific patches. (which he could have used to sell his patches too, no idea why he did not?!)

Just wanting to clarify this. Not speaking down Daniil's Version. He did great work improving the user experience, but the initial idea and the first patches are NOT from him.

If you like his version, go buy it.

Best Regards
Bin4ry

Last edited:
Reactions: cadbob and Pac
Hey,

just a little correction on this matter. Daniil Zobov IS NOT the author of the patches, what he did is cleaning it up and add some UI popup to ask which mode to switch. The initial work of using frida to patch the iOS app can be found here and is called PrettyWoman (as you see it is pretty old already (end of 2017!)):
howto:fridahooklibrary [dji.retroroms.info]

Also more info on FRIDA for iOS can be found here:
howto:iosfrida [dji.retroroms.info]
howto:apple_ios_patched_dji_go4 [dji.retroroms.info]

All is done in the slack group:
Create Account | Slack

Daniil Zobov was part of this group too, he went mad at me and was banned shortly after. the idea of the group is not to charge for such things, but enable people to understand and do it themselves.
If you NEED spoon feeding you can also use NLD, which gives back directly to the creator of the specific patches. (which he could have used to sell his patches too, no idea why he did not?!)

Just wanting to clarify this. Not speaking down Daniil's Version. He did great work improving the user experience, but the initial idea and the first patches are NOT from him.

If you like his version, go buy it.

Best Regards
Bin4ry

Thanks for clearing that up Bin4ry! I had also hoped the community would share these things with each other. Those resources are great. Got some reading to do (and some time to find).

Cheers

If someone test newer firmware version for compatibility with Frida mod. app , please advise for the results

I just try latest 0.300 firmware with Frida app. mod. and tweak 0,23 and works just fine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun