DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

So other videos of CE over 5km, is also a lie, then?

This is Ocusync 2, not Spark in CE mode.

Believe what you like I prefer to see proof .. have a look in the range leaderboard they all use an app to show the range not a YouTube video with no details at all.

I'm going to FCC mode myself as soon as NLD comes with Mavic 2 support, but i believe CE still can do over 5km in good condition ;)

I'll have a try with the following Setup here in Germany:
- latest posted 4.4.3.9-Frida.ipa (from here)
- installed with an App-specific password and SuperImpactor
(according my previous instruction, BUT without adding Tweak additionally via iTunes, just the *.ipa)
- Device is one of my iPads that i jailbraked for this test especially (Mini4)
- Mavic Pro2 latest FW

i will let you know about the result. What i can tell so far:
- Tweaked App was installed just some minutes before and is running as usual.
- Tweak Menues popped up. i did NOT change between tweaked/Non-tweaked DJI Go Veresions and FCC was enabled from the begining with the tweaked version.
- Switching over to the Original DJI Go4 (shutting down the tweaked one before) it was immediately CE-Mode. As it should be.
Lets look how long this one runs (>7 days???)

for your convenience and as again and again questions are asked about if the drone is transmitting in CE or FCC i generated a compariosn chart (MP2 Pro, DJI Go 4.4.3.9).

Folie1.PNG

(according my previous instruction, BUT without adding Tweak additionally via iTunes, just the *.ipa)
- Mavic Pro2 latest FW

- Tweak Menues popped up. i did NOT change between tweaked/Non-tweaked DJI Go Veresions and FCC was enabled from the begining with the tweaked version.
- Switching over to the Original DJI Go4 (shutting down the tweaked one before) it was immediately CE-Mode. As it should be.

for your convenience and as again and again questions are asked about if the drone is transmitting in CE or FCC i generated a compariosn chart (MP2 Pro, DJI Go 4.4.3.9).

View attachment 58243

The version you downloaded from there is the same one I’m trying right now. It’s based on tweak 0.31 by Danill Zobov who is the one who made all the tweaks so far. The newer versions on that repo (from what I can tell it’s his repo) now have tweak.js baked into the .ipa file. It’s 7 day trial and after that 50 euros. So far so good I’m still in trial mode but this version seems stable. No longer getting ‘aircraft updated for local regulations’ message during flights, which was an issue for me using the older tweak 0.2 on 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. I wanted to do a range test this weekend but ran out of time, but based on the signal graphs it’s FCC mode. I think this guy has spent quite a bit of time getting us this tweak.

So, anyone here manage to do a range test in the tweak version vs regular DJI Go?

I have Mavic Air and I am on a sideloaded 4.4.3.10 and added tweak 0.23 (repos linked from here: howto:apple_ios_patched_dji_go4 [dji.retroroms.info]), but the weather is so bad that I haven't been able to test it. As my drone is the Air, I don't have the HD menu. From other threads, I know that a lot of people are saying that you know you're in FCC mode if 2.4ghz only displays 10 channels. Mine still displays 13 channels - do anyone know if this is due to the .IPA/tweak or is it just not working?

I have Mavic Air and I am on a sideloaded 4.4.3.10 and added tweak 0.23 (repos linked from here: howto:apple_ios_patched_dji_go4 [dji.retroroms.info]), but the weather is so bad that I haven't been able to test it. As my drone is the Air, I don't have the HD menu. From other threads, I know that a lot of people are saying that you know you're in FCC mode if 2.4ghz only displays 10 channels. Mine still displays 13 channels - do anyone know if this is due to the .IPA/tweak or is it just not working?

CE = 13 channels, FCC = 11 channels... same as the Spark.

but this is a Mavic 2 thread, not Air :)

Last edited:
Ok, so that means it's not working. I know this is a Mavic 2 thread, but there are no active comparable threads for the Air so I had to ask somewhere :) Thanks for the reply!

Oh, sorry! The tweak I've used is tweak 0.23. Since it's apparently built-in to the IPA's from the repo. linked above, I guess I should just delete the app and reinstall the clean .IPA? Also: I understand that the install only lasts for a week - does that mean it can simply be reinstalled after a week to make it work again?

edit: Ok, so I tried reinstalling the .10 .IPA, but now there is no tweak pop-up when I start the app.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry! The tweak I've used is tweak 0.23. Since it's apparently built-in to the IPA's from the repo. linked above, I guess I should just delete the app and reinstall the clean .IPA? Also: I understand that the install only lasts for a week - does that mean it can simply be reinstalled after a week to make it work again?
no you have to pay for it. my problem is who do you pay

From what I understand, that's the apple dev account. There is a different hack which requires xcode, but I'm not sure what it has to do with this one. If anyone can clarify that would be much appreciated!

- Mavic Pro2 latest FW

The result, 8 days later:
The App does not start again but closes 1/2 sec after touching the icon.

I'm unable to tell you
- is this a result of a time limatation built in into the tweaked *.ipa? or
- is this a result of a non-working jailbreak?

From what I understand, that's the apple dev account. There is a different hack which requires xcode, but I'm not sure what it has to do with this one. If anyone can clarify that would be much appreciated!
Forget about this one. It doesn't work anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy