DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

Strange. My display bars in the HD Menue showed a clear difference bet ween FCC enabled (frida) or not.
MP2 Pro latest FW

I write it because it's facts! There are probably two camps. For some it works, for others it does not! See photos with Frieda before and after firmware update. But now the strange thing. I just did another final check. And now it goes again without problems. Also with the latest DJI update. Change since yesterday evening update to IOS 12.1 before 12.01. The two photos still show the status IOS 12.01 and the two different DJI firmware versions! Maybe it helps to bring light into the darkness.

Attachments

• 2788C147-FBCA-4B17-A2E2-CBE145583761.jpeg
    2788C147-FBCA-4B17-A2E2-CBE145583761.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 32867ED4-4833-4521-B33A-729186403584.jpeg
    32867ED4-4833-4521-B33A-729186403584.jpeg
    537.4 KB · Views: 101
I just did some tests with latest ios ver. 12.1 on my iPad. If Frida ver. of the 4.3.0 is used then lines are as per FCC mode. If Frida ver. 4.3.2 and ver 4.3.3 is used then lines as per CE mode . I have test it with my mavic pro 1 . I really don't know if these lines are telling something about transmission mode because i am also using also an older DJI GO pro ver 4.1.2 with installed boost config file, and although lines are in the are of CE mode , transmission is mutch better than using original CE mode !

I write it because it's facts! There are probably two camps. For some it works, for others it does not! See photos with Frieda before and after firmware update. But now the strange thing. I just did another final check. And now it goes again without problems. Also with the latest DJI update. Change since yesterday evening update to IOS 12.1 before 12.01. The two photos still show the status IOS 12.01 and the two different DJI firmware versions! Maybe it helps to bring light into the darkness.

IT WORKS even with the very last firmware update!

By the way, this is the way :
1. Switch on the AC
2. Switch on the RC
3. Launch the modded app (I prefer this one clk.sh instead of the ddzobov one)
4. Choose FCC or FCC + Boost
5. When in the main screen, minimize the app (minimize, not close!)
6. Maximize or launch again the app
7. Done

If you want to change the power mode it's better to switch off everything and then start the procedure again from step 1
As you can see the measured transmitting power levels are very close to theoretic ones. The antenna gain (my evaluation) is the algebraic sum of the gain due to the antenna and all the loss, even those dues to the "homemade" measuring methodM2Z TX Power test.jpg

Attachments

• BIKJ4318.JPG
    BIKJ4318.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 113
  • HWPG7318.JPG
    HWPG7318.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 116
  • XEEC3864.JPG
    XEEC3864.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 111
  • HTOP0999.JPG
    HTOP0999.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Reactions: Joebie
Frida did not to solve my problem.....but......tweak DJI 4.3.4 (by droneuser) did
See this post

Link
I just noticed that you have to minimize the first time you open the app and then open again. If you do this , it seems that at all versions , lines at transmission settings is now as per FCC ! i don't know why but i confirm it

I just noticed that you have to minimize the first time you open the app and then open again. If you do this , it seems that at all versions , lines at transmission settings is now as per FCC ! i don't know why but i confirm it
What lines? Is there a definitive way to tell if you are in CE or FCC?

What lines? Is there a definitive way to tell if you are in CE or FCC?
If you see a couple of threads above , at image transmission settings in the app, there are two horizontal lines of 1km and 4 km. If 1 km line is below 90 dbm/Mhz and 4km line is below 100 dbm/Mhz then as per some guys claiming you are at CE mode . If these lines are above 90 and 100 value then you are at FCC mode

IT WORKS even with the very last firmware update!

By the way, this is the way :
1. Switch on the AC
2. Switch on the RC
3. Launch the modded app (I prefer this one clk.sh instead of the ddzobov one)
4. Choose FCC or FCC + Boost
5. When in the main screen, minimize the app (minimize, not close!)
6. Maximize or launch again the app
7. Done

If you want to change the power mode it's better to switch off everything and then start the procedure again from step 1
As you can see the measured transmitting power levels are very close to theoretic one. The antenna gain (my evaluation) is the algebraic sum of the gain due to the antenna and all the loss, even those dues to the "homemade" measuring method

I just looked into that PowerMeter, pretty sweet. Did you use Sniffer mode or did you plug your RC into an SMA connector?

If you see a couple of threads above , at image transmission settings in the app, there are two horizontal lines of 1km and 4 km. If 1 km line is below 90 dbm/Mhz and 4km line is below 100 dbm/Mhz then as per some guys claiming you are at CE mode . If these lines are above 90 and 100 value then you are at FCC mode
yes It looks like once you refresh the go4 app the lines jump from lower to higher

Hi

I have installed the Frida-App (like explained from Martin Kuhn 2 pages before), all works fine. But I can't connect to the drone, inside the App I see only the camera view. At the start screen I can't choose Mavic 2, only pro, air, spark and so on.
Could anyone help me please?

Chris

Last edited:
Hi

I have installed the Frida-App (like explained from Martin Kuhn 2 pages before), all works fine. But I can't connect to the drone, inside the App I see only the camera view. At the start screen I can't choose Mavic 2, only pro, air, spark and so on.
Could anyone help me please?

Chris
Check the app version. DJI GO 4 lower than version 4.3.x was released before Mavic 2 ant then cant handle it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu