DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on Mavic 2 Pro possible?

check the line on signal quality window. If above 90dbm, you are in FCC Mode. Tried boost too, it still same line above 90dBm.

The boost is very strong signal. Flying perfectly 6KM at Dense City
some said the boost will damage the remote control as the output is too high, do u think so? any overheating when you fly it in boost?

For me the Question is how it works

Assumed
There are 2 normal modes
The drone decides itself which one to use (normally ...)
CE = Signal power is limited. This is required to be conform to some countries regulations

FCC = stronger Signal power if NOT Limited by countries regulations
BUT minus a DJI given safety buffer due to known/expected technical risks

Then there is one more mode. Maybe just for DJI internal and testing reasons and freaks
-> Boost = strongest Signal the Hardware is able to deliver. Known Risk for hardware defects! „at your own risk“

And if i choose both of them
Or what ihave to choose for the boost?
Hallo Martin woher kommst du?
Gruß
Assumed
There are 2 normal modes
The drone decides itself which one to use (normally ...)
CE = Signal power is limited. This is required to be conform to some countries regulations

FCC = stronger Signal power if NOT Limited by countries regulations
BUT minus a DJI given safety buffer due to known/expected technical risks

Then there is one more mode. Maybe just for DJI internal and testing reasons and freaks
-> Boost = strongest Signal the Hardware is able to deliver. Known Risk for hardware defects! „at your own risk“

I believe the boost mode is only dangerous when the battery level of your RC is below 20%. Just make sure your battery level is okay and you're good. But to be sure check your RC for overheating when running in boost mode.

I think, three modes are possible.
CE. FCC. Boost. Potentially even more.

It might be just the patched firmware asking in 2 steps.

I am from Germany

I think, three modes are possible.
CE. FCC. Boost. Potentially even more.

It might be just the patched firmware asking in 2 steps.

I am from Germany
Okay ich auch
Was ich meine ist muss ich nur eins auswählen oder alle
Gruß
Arpath

Hello Arpath

I‘m not sure as I did not code the patch.
To be in the safe side I would either tap

FCC = yes / Boost = No for FCC mode
FCC = yes / Boost = Yes for Boost mode
For the other questions I would stick to the default options

PS: as this is an English forum I prefer to stick to English even if German is my mother tongue .... just by Nettiquette

After one week you have to reinstall spa and certificate.
Otherwise you have to buy a licence or something else...
Bye

Last edited:
some said the boost will damage the remote control as the output is too high, do u think so? any overheating when you fly it in boost?
Been around more than 10 flights on boost mode. And always did range test more than 6km with no issues. Only if I noticed the remote battery drained faster. But I still got 6 flights with full charge remote

w
Been around more than 10 flights on boost mode. And always did range test more than 6km with no issues. Only if I noticed the remote battery drained faster. But I still got 6 flights with full charge remote
... which bird are you flying?

Hi together,
i have done an update to the latest firmware, on the remote control and on the copter. Since then the mark is under the -90DB line. Can anyone confirm this as well?
Does that mean - no more FCC mode?

After one week you have to reinstall spa and certificate.
Otherwise you have to buy a licence or something else...
Bye

i confirm that the Siganture of the *ipa has expired in my case and needs to be renewed after > 7days
I'm not sure if it is due to the one or the other
- using SuperImpactor without having donated
- using a free Apple Developper Acount
- according the instruction i posted already

As a friend of mine is Apple devlopper with a paid acount, i try to check if this elongates the App-signing beyond 7 days.

Does anybody have already or want to try what happens after a donation to the Super Impactor developers.
I'm not sure which amount of money they expect and if it elongates the code-signing duration at all.

I have an Apple dev account and have just installed the Frida version, so lets see what happens in 7 days.

The FCC does not work on Mavic 2 Pro (firmware 1.00.01.00)

The DJI GO "Frida" works, the configurator works but does not change from CE to FCC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu