DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Tech Lic?

the.ronin

Reactions
Just getting back into it after a few years away. I really like how the FAA has streamlined a lot of things including part 107 which makes so much more sense than what was that exemption 336 or whatever where you basically had to be an airline pilot lol. Also cool to see everyone taking it very seriously.

But what about the FCC technician license for transmitting video in Federal airwaves? I see DJI has even gone so far as to incorporate no fly zones in their software (which we LOL'ed for days when we first heard of it) ... but no place or even mention for a FCC call sign?

So did those rules get relaxed quite a bit or people just don't bother?

As posted above and likely impracticality and finances, even though aircraft registration must be on the aircraft.

For example: My 4y/o grandson flys a $100.00 drone that transmits images and controller sends signals. Trying to illustrate that the manufacturing/ sales market is big enough to resist more regulation. I mean how about iCloud. It syncs data on all my devices and Apple, as well as other manufacturers are a big lobby...or my doorbell that sends me images of everyone who comes to my door... even got the latter in real-time while I was on vacation in Beliz. It’s kind of like comparing apples and lemons.

I suspect the law/code doesn’t apply by wording or legal interpretation. Why? We are all flying without it. NFZs are not “no communication to devices zones”.

BTW, all non 107 pilots still fly under 336 as the FAA advises on their website as the newest regs/laws are still, for whatever reason, in the preimplementation stages.

Cheers,

Ah ok I was not aware of the FCC expanding 5GHz band to be wifi. I need to read up on this more. Thanks guys.

Reactions: BigAl07
LOL!! Right?? Really not that long ago 2015 but man a lot has changed. I just remember 4S was considered baller status lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61