DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature on Mavic Air

agreed. do you think.....when your battery dies? do you feel like you needed more?

Yeah I’d love to get a little more flight time out of each battery but it’s really not too big of an issue for me. I simply have to bring it back in after about 18 minutes for a quick battery change. It only takes a minute to pop out the depleted battery and put a fully charged one in. It’s slightly annoying but not a deal breaker.

Yeah I’d love to get a little more flight time out of each battery but it’s really not too big of an issue for me. I simply have to bring it back in after about 18 minutes for a quick battery change. It only takes a minute to pop out the depleted battery and put a fully charged one in. It’s slightly annoying but not a deal breaker.

yes i guess i would only know when i buy one and stick to it.

Personally I travel a lot, so something that is easy to travel with.
I am worried that I will crash the drone, lots of videos of crashing drones.

I want to drone that I can fly it around and take shot. I am not professional photographer. I want something that doesnt grab too much attention. something fun to have around.

my concern with MA - is the WIFI connectivity. and battery life

The MA is really portable but also louder than the Pro. So it’s easier to carry and visually more discrete but the noise may draw people’s attention more.

The MA is really portable but also louder than the Pro. So it’s easier to carry and visually more discrete but the noise may draw people’s attention more.

Yes how close you must be to hear the Drone?

You can still hear it while it's 400ft above your head. Once you start flying off into the distance it becomes less noticeable obviously. Not really sure exactly how far away you have to be before you can't hear it anymore. I'd say if you can see the drone, you can most likely hear it. Again, not really sure how big of a difference there is but I do know for a fact that the Mavic Pro is quieter. From what I've read and seen in videos, the difference is pretty significant but I'll leave that up to someone who owns both to confirm. With all that said, DJI may very well develop a "low noise" prop for the Mavic Air like they did with the Pro, which would make noise less of a factor.

You can still hear it while it's 400ft above your head. Once you start flying off into the distance it becomes less noticeable obviously. Not really sure exactly how far away you have to be before you can't hear it anymore. I'd say if you can see the drone, you can most likely hear it. Again, not really sure how big of a difference there is but I do know for a fact that the Mavic Pro is quieter. From what I've read and seen in videos, the difference is pretty significant but I'll leave that up to someone who owns both to confirm. With all that said, DJI may very well develop a "low noise" prop for the Mavic Air like they did with the Pro, which would make noise less of a factor.

thanks for detail review. :) how do u like ur choice of MA drone?

thanks for detail review. :) how do u like ur choice of MA drone?

No problem, happy to help! I'm very happy with my choice. If I could do it over again, I'd stick with the Air however the Mavic Pro is still a great choice from everything I can tell. The better range/signal, lower noise level, and longer lasting battery would be great. But the main draw for me was the size and camera so the Mavic Air was the right choice for me. This is how I would sum things up from everything I've read and from my own personal experience with the Mavic Air. Others can correct me if I'm wrong or add to the list. It's a really tough choice. I'd pick out the qualities that are most important to you and go with the drone that best fits those needs.

Mavic Air
+ Smaller and more portable
+ Better video quality
+ Rear sensors
+ Internal storage
+ Obstacle avoidance
+ Faster
+ Gimble is protected

- Louder
- Shorter battery life
- Shorter range
- Less reliable signal
- Cannot set waypoints

Mavic Pro
+ Longer battery life
+ Longer range
+ Stronger signal
+ Lower noise level
+ Can set waypoints
+ Controller has built in display

- Bulkier and less portable
- Gimble is exposed
- No internal storage
- No rear sensors or obstacle avoidance

No problem, happy to help! I'm very happy with my choice. If I could do it over again, I'd stick with the Air however the Mavic Pro is still a great choice from everything I can tell. The better range/signal, lower noise level, and longer lasting battery would be great. But the main draw for me was the size and camera so the Mavic Air was the right choice for me. This is how I would sum things up from everything I've read and from my own personal experience with the Mavic Air. Others can correct me if I'm wrong or add to the list. It's a really tough choice. I'd pick out the qualities that are most important to you and go with the drone that best fits those needs.

Mavic Air
+ Smaller and more portable
+ Better video quality
+ Rear sensors
+ Internal storage
+ Obstacle avoidance
+ Faster
+ Gimble is protected

- Louder
- Shorter battery life
- Shorter range
- Less reliable signal
- Cannot set waypoints

Mavic Pro
+ Longer battery life
+ Longer range
+ Stronger signal
+ Lower noise level
+ Can set waypoints
+ Controller has built in display

- Bulkier and less portable
- Gimble is exposed
- No internal storage
- No rear sensors or obstacle avoidance

thank you very much. this is really helpful.

My concern is if I buy MP, then few months later MP2 will comes out, that will drop the price of MP once again.
I dont have the budge for MP2. so its either wait for MP2 to come out, so I can get MP for much cheaper or....

just get MA and stick with its -negative points.

The Mavic Air was my first serious drone. I bought mine on a Saturday, and couldn't fly it for 3 days due to weather. Each day made me more anxious to fly it. Then I did. Flies really easily, way easier than the toy ones I've had. I have had a signal failure that caused an RTH just once out of all the flights I have had so far. I've flown it near bridges, in the forest, etc. I don't go too far out of line of sight, and monitor the indicators just like the gauges on a car I'm driving. I am really happy with mine, for what it's worth.

The Mavic Air was my first serious drone. I bought mine on a Saturday, and couldn't fly it for 3 days due to weather. Each day made me more anxious to fly it. Then I did. Flies really easily, way easier than the toy ones I've had. I have had a signal failure that caused an RTH just once out of all the flights I have had so far. I've flown it near bridges, in the forest, etc. I don't go too far out of line of sight, and monitor the indicators just like the gauges on a car I'm driving. I am really happy with mine, for what it's worth.

Perfect. What color did you choose from the options you have?

I do have Refresh.

I bought an air, which arrives tomorrow. So posting today, because tomorrow I'll be too busy flying to post!!!!

I bought just the air, not the combo, due to my budget. I bought an extra battery and will buy more as I have funds... was considering the Spark and decided the extra cash was worth getting a drone I'd be happy with for years. I went for the Air for the portability, it'll be much easier to drop in my backpack on a hike. I live in Colorado and love to hike (and snowboard) around the continental divide, I'm really looking forward to flying around the Colorado peaks. And Friday is a powder day, so if there's a break in the snow I'll definitely fly it at the divide on Loveland Pass.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK