DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature on Mavic Air

DJPedram

Reactions
Which feature or function on Mavic Air was the reason made you purchase the air?

What don't you like about your Mavic Air?

I had bought a Spark and loved it. Soon after the Mavic Air was announced. The main draw for me was the camera. I also liked the added battery life and overall design. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the photos are not as sharp as I would have expected . I feel using automatic settings that the Spark gives the same or even better results. Obviously when using Lightroom I can improve the image quality but it’d be nice if the jpegs looked better than the Spark right out of the box which they don’t. Also don’t like the charging port on the RC. It’s pretty flimsy and unforgiving. If you plug it in upside down there’s a good chance you’ll break it and have to pay $65 for a repair. That said I absolutely love my Air and would buy it again without hesitation. I’m completely hooked and overall it’s a great product.

I had bought a Spark and loved it. Soon after the Mavic Air was announced. The main draw for me was the camera. I also liked the added battery life and overall design. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the photos are not as sharp as I would have liked. I feel using automatic settings that the Spark is basically just as good. Obviously when using Lightroom I can improve the image quality but it’d be nice if the jpegs looked better than the Spark but they don’t. Also don’t like the charging port on the RC. It’s pretty flimsy and unforgiving. If you plug it in upside down there’s a good change you’ll have to pay $65 for repair. That said I absolutely love my Air and would buy it again without hesitation. This is a new hobby for me and I’m completely hooked.

Nice lovely honest review. I am debating between Air vs MP. I am more toward getting the Air. Did you got the Drone stand alone or fly more combo?

Nice lovely honest review. I am debating between Air vs MP. I am more toward getting the Air. Did you got the Drone stand alone or fly more combo?

I bought the fly more combo. I really like the bag it comes with and the two extra batteries turned out to be a necessity for me. I’d recommend for sure.

I bought the fly more combo. I really like the bag it comes with and the two extra batteries turned out to be a necessity for me. I’d recommend for sure.

Yes originally I wanted to buy the Standalone, but I think I would rather buy the combo to fly it more. How often do you fly it? Have you flied it over water?

Yes originally I wanted to buy the Standalone, but I think I would rather buy the combo to fly it more. How often do you fly it? Have you flied it over water?

It’s definitely worth it if you plan on flying often. I know some people just like to send it up to get their shot and then bring it back down. Personally I fly every weekend for a couple of hours a day and now that the sun is staying up longer I’ve been taking it out after work as well . My next purchase will be the car charger so I can charge my batteries on the go. I have flown over water without any problems.

Nice. this is my first drone, I was really debating between MP and MA. I am not sure even getting MA over MP is right decision. just I think getting a drone that is already 2 years old. and MP2 is coming out in few months or so, its better to have something with more sensor and newer. what you think?

I have a Phantom 4 but rarely took it with me on trips. The Air is super compelling as I just need to pop it into my backpack with all my other camera gear. Just got the Air for a week now and I have been flying it a lot ... it is quite amazing ... image quality, handling and portability.

Nice. this is my first drone, I was really debating between MP and MA. I am not sure even getting MA over MP is right decision. just I think getting a drone that is already 2 years old. and MP2 is coming out in few months or so, its better to have something with more sensor and newer. what you think?

I really like the Mavic Air however I don’t have any experience with the Mavic Pro so it’s hard for me to compare. I do know the battery life and range are superior on the Mavic Pro. So if those two points are important to you it may want to consider the Pro. Each drone has their strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think you can go wrong either way, it’s all in what you want to get out of it and how you think you’ll use it.

I really like the Mavic Air however I don’t have any experience with the Mavic Pro so it’s hard for me to compare. I do know the battery life and range are superior on the Mavic Pro. So if those two points are important to you it may want to consider the Pro. Each drone has their strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think you can go wrong either way, it’s all in what you want to get out of it and how you think you’ll use it.

agreed. do you think.....when your battery dies? do you feel like you needed more?

Where I am models below 500gr are outside of all regulatory categories, so (with common sense and precautions) I can fly my Air anywhere legally while it is not the case for the Pro.

I bought it because of the portability and camera quality. This is my first non-toy drone, and it has far exceeded my expectations. Already started studying for my 107 so I can use this for some projects where my wife works.

I bought it because of the portability and camera quality. This is my first non-toy drone, and it has far exceeded my expectations. Already started studying for my 107 so I can use this for some projects where my wife works.

Sorry I am NOOB. what is 107?

The FAA Part 107 drone pilot license in the US.

Reactions: Dave Maine
Got it. between these two choices, what do you pick?

$1123 - MP Fly More Combo + Refresh

or

$1088 - MA Fly More Combo + Refresh

Personally, I prefer the Mavic Air. But I've never flown the Pro, and don't know what your needs are.

Reactions: ElJefe
Depends what the goal is, which you never mentioned.

Nobody can answer that for you if they don't know what's important to you.

Depends what the goal is, which you never mentioned.

Nobody can answer that for you if they don't know what's important to you.

Personally I travel a lot, so something that is easy to travel with.
I am worried that I will crash the drone, lots of videos of crashing drones.

I want to drone that I can fly it around and take shot. I am not professional photographer. I want something that doesnt grab too much attention. something fun to have around.

my concern with MA - is the WIFI connectivity. and battery life

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga