DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fed up of the weather

ninja_geezer

Reactions
is it me or just where i live, got all caught up with my work got a few days off after today and yet more gales and rain for the next week forecast,this is one of the windiest wettest i can remember ,we had a fantastic spring but summer for us up north has been garbage ,its been like autumn for 2 months....... :(:(:(

is it me or just where i live, got all caught up with my work got a few days off after today and yet more gales and rain for the next week forecast,this is one of the windiest wettest i can remember ,we had a fantastic spring but summer for us up north has been garbage ,its been like autumn for 2 months....... :(:(:(
Move further South, weather has been somewhat "iffy" last week or so but in the midlands since April have had several spells of hot, sunny weather. Better still do what I do & fly mainly in the tropics, of course only if you have the mazooma, but in covid-19 time, with no flights and many countries' still barring visitors from Europe, I'm stuck here like you! LOL.

Move further South, weather has been somewhat "iffy" last week or so but in the midlands since April have had several spells of hot, sunny weather. Better still do what I do & fly mainly in the tropics, of course only if you have the mazooma, but in covid-19 time, with no flights and many countries' still barring visitors from Europe, I'm stuck here like you! LOL.
yes my brother live in derbyshire and he said he has had some great weather ,you would think at 57 years old i would get used to it but nope it just ruins all plans .......just to rub salt in today has been great first day in ages here but for the next few days 50mph + winds and heavy showers....best keep the mavic in its case lol.

@ninja_geezer the weather is part of drone flying in the UK ,that has the most control over when we can or can't fly
i am retired but i still lose a lot of flying time ,between the weather ,covid, and for the last 2 weeks jamming of GPS near where i live
i have managed to fly 3 times in the last month , but after a few years of it ,i have just learnt to accept it as par for the course,
even if the weather seems good when you leave for a days flying ,many times ,i have had to abandon the day as the weather has closed in, after traveling many many miles to film a particular place, on a positive note i did manage to go to one of my local flying spots this evening to fly my MM the rain held off and there was no wind to speak of
and if the forecast is to be believed then the bank holiday weekend coming up is looking good so far

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Reactions: Scubadiver1944

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf