DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FedEx no scans in 4 days

derekd562

Reactions
Hi all. I’m new to the forum and drones in general. I ordered a Mavic Air 2 and after about a week it shipped on 9/9 and I got an update from FedEx on 9/10 that said it had departed GA on its way to CA. Since then it seems there haven’t been any scans/updates. The delivery date is by 9/16. Just want to make sure this seems normal. I would figure it would have at least been scanned into a facility in CA by now. Anyone else experience this with FedEx?

The wait ended up being short[emoji41]. Thanks for all the replies and info.

a04a6f11c6019176ae17deb8a7293c87.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I consider FedEx to be the worse ones to deliver it.
Sounds to me like it is get trucked there instead of flying it.

Hi all. I’m new to the forum and drones in general. I ordered a Mavic Air 2 and after about a week it shipped on 9/9 and I got an update from FedEx on 9/10 that said it had departed GA on its way to CA. Since then it seems there haven’t been any scans/updates. The delivery date is by 9/16. Just want to make sure this seems normal. I would figure it would have at least been scanned into a facility in CA by now. Anyone else experience this with FedEx?
No, I bought mine at Best Buy.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have had good luck with FedEx. They seem to be accurate in their delivery estimates. On the other hand, all deliveries have been quite a bit longer in these COVID times.

Normal. Everyone will have issues with shipping companies at some time.
USPS, 15 days from Arizona to Florida when they claimed 7 days.

If it is a FedEx Ground shipment, on long hauls there may be no scans until it gets to a hub where the truck's contents are broken down for shorter runs. I have experienced this many times.

Reactions: derekd562
I have had good luck with FedEx. They seem to be accurate in their delivery estimates. On the other hand, all deliveries have been quite a bit longer in these COVID times.
I have pictures of package left in the middle of my driveway (which is not very long) delivered by FedEx.
Another 20 yards and they could have put on the front porch.
When I know FedEx is delivering then I am more alert and watch until it is delivered.
I am one of the few that got through to a manager to put in my complaint.

I thought that so I checked and supposedly my zip code isn’t affected by the fires. I’ll just wait patiently. It’s much shorter than what I’ve seen from a lot of folks on this forum.

Your zip maybe not but there is a LOT of area between GA and CA which is currently "affected" by the fires. I saw this morning that several USPS locations have been closed down due to fires and it would seem logical this could affect just about any other business including FedEx.

If it is a FedEx Ground shipment, on long hauls there may be no scans until it gets to a hub where the truck's contents are broken down for shorter runs. I have experienced this many times.

Yep, you’re correct. Took 4 days to travel to CA. They scanned it this morning. Should be here tonight!

I get stuff all the time by FedEx. Some come from California. Some are by air & I can track those at every plane stop.
If they are put on an OTR semi. Then I might not get an update for 2 or 3 days. The truckers have to pull over & sleep after 10 hrs.

Finally, it will reach a D.C. hub where I get a scan notice of where it's at. Then onto another truck & finally to my D.C. hub where a smaller truck brings it to my house.
I've had stuff come from Calf. as long as 5 days or as short as 2 days. no problems with FedEx though. Great guys & gals.

Reactions: derekd562
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial