DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feedack on Dji Goggles

Koelkop

Reactions
From those that own Dji goggles, I would just like to get an idea of what it is like to use them.

I currently use an S6 and although it works fine the size is not ideal.

I use the Mavic for surveillance/inspection on the farm. I don't want to spend money on a tablet if goggles can do a better job. So I would rather buy the goggles as it would solve the issue of struggling to see in sunlight.

They work well in my experience, I think they'd be good for your intended use. I use them for something similar, checking out food plots/fields on our hunting land - works great!

The DJI goggles work just fine though I must admit that I don’t use them as I find them too big and too warm for me as a smaller person. I prefer the Epson Moverio when using goggles because they are smaller with a high definition screen and most importantly they allow me to maintain VLOS. I also like the fact that I can see around me while flying the drone. I often fly alone and I prefer to see what’s going on around me. IMHO If you’re looking for total immersion in FPV then the DJI goggles are for you. The picture quality from the DJI goggles is also very good.

Reactions: droneviews.online
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately the Moverio's are hard to come by in South Africa and almost twice the price!

What are the virtual screen size on the Dji goggles? I have never had the opportunity to experience FPV / VR stuff so I will probably be quite blown away:p

I understand.
I’m not sure about the actual screen size but I think it’s very big. I’m sure someone here will respond with the actual virtual screen size. With that said, it sounds like the DJI goggles would serve you well.

The DJI goggles work just fine though I must admit that I don’t use them as I find them too big and too warm for me as a smaller person. I prefer the Epson Moverio when using goggles because they are smaller with a high definition screen and most importantly they allow me to maintain VLOS. I also like the fact that I can see around me while flying the drone. I often fly alone and I prefer to see what’s going on around me. IMHO If you’re looking for total immersion in FPV then the DJI goggles are for you. The picture quality from the DJI goggles is also very good.
When wearing them outside you have to wear the darkest shade to be able to see the screen clearly which takes away VLOS. They might call the image a high definition image, but they look far from any real HD image I have ever seen.
From those that own Dji goggles, I would just like to get an idea of what it is like to use them.

I currently use an S6 and although it works fine the size is not ideal.

I use the Mavic for surveillance/inspection on the farm. I don't want to spend money on a tablet if goggles can do a better job. So I would rather buy the goggles as it would solve the issue of struggling to see in sunlight.
The goggles provide a superior visual experience to the BT-300s by far, but they are a tad cumbersome. I could handle the weight, but I don't like not being able to see around me. If that isn't an issue for you, go for it.

The goggles provide a superior visual experience to the BT-300s by far, but they are a tad cumbersome. I could handle the weight, but I don't like not being able to see around me. If that isn't an issue for you, go for it.

I downloaded the video that is saved on my phone to my computer and i'm amazed at the quality and detail you can see on the 23" monitor, compared to the phone screen which is still good quality but tiny. I want to see that while flying.

I cannot deny Mavflyer's bad experience with the BT-300s, but my experience with them is far more in line with KSMUSA's. I love mine.

I have the Solitaire Ace enclosures from Rochester Optical (I got the order of the product name correctly, this time!). The Solitaire Ace provides both a fully immersed experience as well as an augmented reality VLOS one. The image is remarkably clear, even in the AR mode. For watching videos, Netflix, etc., the fully immersed experience is AMAZING.

I have the darkest sun-shade for the Ace's which I snap on only when the sun is very bright and I have not had an issue losing VLOS at all...Not saying MavFlyer didn't experience that...it's just that I have not experienced that issue. Other folks have complained about the touchpad being too sensitive and the unit heating up. It took me about a week to get completely comfortable with the touch pad (when flying - for just using it as an Android device, I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard which is really easy)...and I have not experienced the overheating experience.

I do have one issue with the Interpupilary distance (mine is 11 mm smaller than what the BT-300 is set for), but there is an insert that is supposed to fix that which should arrive this week. I'll report back as soon as I've tried them out. If that problem goes away, they are perfect in my book.

- Gary

Reactions: ksmusa
I cannot deny Mavflyer's bad experience with the BT-300s, but my experience with them is far more in line with KSMUSA's. I love mine.

I have the Solitaire Ace enclosures from Rochester Optical (I got the order of the product name correctly, this time!). The Solitaire Ace provides both a fully immersed experience as well as an augmented reality VLOS one. The image is remarkably clear, even in the AR mode. For watching videos, Netflix, etc., the fully immersed experience is AMAZING.

I have the darkest sun-shade for the Ace's which I snap on only when the sun is very bright and I have not had an issue losing VLOS at all...Not saying MavFlyer didn't experience that...it's just that I have not experienced that issue. Other folks have complained about the touchpad being too sensitive and the unit heating up. It took me about a week to get completely comfortable with the touch pad (when flying - for just using it as an Android device, I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard which is really easy)...and I have not experienced the overheating experience.

I do have one issue with the Interpupilary distance (mine is 11 mm smaller than what the BT-300 is set for), but there is an insert that is supposed to fix that which should arrive this week. I'll report back as soon as I've tried them out. If that problem goes away, they are perfect in my book.

- Gary
Glad you love them, I wish I did. But I use a device that I do love, so it's all good :) I didn't have the Solitaire Ace's, so I never used the shades provided with them. I was referring to the shades that came with the glasses. The darkest ones(the ones you pretty much have to use when flying outside) take away the ability to see VLOS, unless you look over the top of the glasses. You will have that with every product made, some people will love it, some will hate it. I just like to provide my experience because when theres a question here, it seems like the same 2 or 3 people pop in and always give glowing reviews(Do you guys work for Epson? lol). Gotta hear the other side too! Thumbswayup

I just like to provide my experience because when theres a question here, it seems like the same 2 or 3 people pop in and always give glowing reviews(Do you guys work for Epson? lol). Gotta hear the other side too! Thumbswayup
Agreed! But I don't work for Epson...and had to pay for my pair like every other shlub (it's a technical term)! :(

Reactions: TotemLake
Glad you love them, I wish I did. But I use a device that I do love, so it's all good :) I didn't have the Solitaire Ace's, so I never used the shades provided with them. I was referring to the shades that came with the glasses. The darkest ones(the ones you pretty much have to use when flying outside) take away the ability to see VLOS, unless you look over the top of the glasses. You will have that with every product made, some people will love it, some will hate it. I just like to provide my experience because when theres a question here, it seems like the same 2 or 3 people pop in and always give glowing reviews(Do you guys work for Epson? lol). Gotta hear the other side too! Thumbswayup

Lol, I don’t work for Epson or DJI. I like both googles but prefer the Moverio for my personal needs. Unlike my boyfriend who likes the DJI googles a little more. [emoji4][emoji1417]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS