Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feedback on our latest drone video

WayNorth Enterprises

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Good morning everyone,

We posted a new YouTube video DJI Mavic Air 2 Emerald Lake Flight that we took with our DJI Mavic Air 2 drone out at Emerald Lake area near the community of Carcross, Yukon. We are fairly new to flying a drone, but grew up with flying RC aircraft.

Had the drone setup in Normal mode: most of the video was recorded at 4K set at 60fps (auto ISO and shutter speed) with attached a CPL filter, to help cut down on the glare from the water. The first 20 seconds might have been in HDR.

1. I guess my main question at this time to all of you is, would using the Tripod mode, have helped with smoothing out the drone pan movements; or do I just need to be much liter on the control stick when we pan/rotating the drone?

2. Second question is maybe I should have filmed this all at 30fps (as its not really an action shot) for a more natural motion feel or in HDR?

All the best from up north in the Yukon,
Thanks,

Last edited:
I don't have the MA2 so can't help with the tripod question, but here is my thought about 30fps vs 60fps. Everybody say to use 30fps for a more natural shot. I just don't see it. I prefer using 60fps for a more detailed shot and less blur, that is of course when using my MM. If I was working for Holly or Bollywood, I would probably have a different prospective.

Tripod mode would have helped yes, but mainly it's learning to be super smooth on the sticks (I think with the DJI Fly app there's no option to turn down the sensitivity on the stick's which would have helped). Probably quite different from your usual FPV flying by the way!

FPS wise a lot comes down to personal taste. The higher the frame rate the smoother in theory. Most people say 24/30fps is more cinematic though. Play around with the different frame rates and see which one you prefer would be my advice.

Other than that the other thing I'd say is 6 minutes is a bit long. Not many have the attention span for that when it comes to drone footage I'm afraid, unless it's absolutely incredible footage. So if your goal is to have others enjoying your videos I'd suggested edited them right down.

Good luck and post another one when you try again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds