Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feedback on our latest Yukon Canada drone video

WayNorth Enterprises

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Good morning everyone,

We flew the DJI Mavic Air 2 along the Takhini River, a small part of the Yukon River and around the Takhini River Bridge. Most of this was taken in HDR 4K at 30fps video and auto settings for the panoramic photos; we did slowed down the video to .5 speed when rotating the drone in 2 or three spots...

DJI Mavic Air 2 View of Takhini River

Let me know what your thoughts are on the flying, and the video.

All the best from the Yukon,
Thanks,

My constructive criticism is the portrait view still's detract rather than add to the overall experience.
The landscape panoramas are a nice touch though.
Only my view so don’t take it to heart ;)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

We flew the DJI Mavic Air 2 along the Takhini River, a small part of the Yukon River and around the Takhini River Bridge. Most of this was taken in HDR 4K at 30fps video and auto settings for the panoramic photos; we did slowed down the video to .5 speed when rotating the drone in 2 or three spots...

Thanks,

I only watched the first three minutes. After that I shut it down,. My usual comment pertains to the slow pacing of the film and the needless dwelling on the subjects. You start with a double dose of video of you taking off, then come back to you and your wife for more uninteresting footage (never attractive in this format). Then you do a very slow nearly 360 pan of the river, and multiple bridge shots, mostly vertical format. After three minutes of repeated filming of the same locations ( bridge, bridge, bridge), I decided not to continue. The color correction was flat.

Most travelogue films need to be more fast paced, show more locations, and tell more of a story in about 3 minutes, or you will certainly lose your audience.

I publish most of my work on Vimeo and I get a weekly viewing report. Here are my average statistics. NOBODY watches my 3 minute films to the end. Only fifty percent (50%) finish my films.

I can almost guarantee the same results with a 10 minute film such as this one.

Good morning everyone,

Thanks,

I only have watched the beggining of the video. In general, the video is very slow (scenes too large), with repetitive scenes, drone /camera movement inconsistent, color grade can be improved, titlted horizons, ...

I think one of the most important things on a video is the opening scene. Your one is not a very interesting spot, very slow and it longs 54 seconds. Why don´t you delete all the clips before 1:23 and start the video from here? Why don´t you try to make a new edit of no more of 2,5 minutes, without repeting scenes, choosing clips parts where the drone/camera movement is consistent?

I have to agree with the previous commenter, the vertical cut jumps are visually jolting and are not a good addition to your video. I would recommend if cutting to stills, stay with the horizontal format. Also a smoother transition between scenes, like cross dissolve or cross fade, would make the transitions much more visually appealing. Also have to agree that the repetitive scenes were a little to much. But we all improve with each attempt so please take our suggestions in the vain they were given. To help you get better results. Thanks for sharing and letting us view your efforts! Keep flying and keep contributing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78