DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Female droners

I've been flying for about 17 months now and absolutely love it! Started with the DJI Spark and then recently upgraded to the M2P for the camera capabilities!
Welcome aboard. My favorite drones to fly for fun are my Typhoon H and my Mini2, but my go to workaholic, dependable stand-by is The M2Pro.

My wife was asking if there are Lady/Female (not sure what I’m allowed to say these days, have to be careful) drone flyers. All the posts/comments seem to be to be from males. She’s not interested in flying a drone herself, she just wanted to know if there are any of a different sex other than males flying them, she’s nosy that way?
Bit of a frivolous question, if not allowed please delete.
Hi! There are a LOT of us female drone pilots out here! In fact, your wife might like to check out "Women who Drone" website Women Who Drone
& FB group. There are women who are professional drone pilots in all aspects of industry (construction, agriculture, search & rescue, engineering, etc); women who teach drones to kids and adults; women drone racers. & heaps of women who are drone photographers; people like me who use their drones for professional filming...so yes! There's a wonderful population of women drone pilots!! We look forward to welcoming your wife!

Reactions: ATW and Barbara
My wife was asking if there are Lady/Female (not sure what I’m allowed to say these days, have to be careful) drone flyers. All the posts/comments seem to be to be from males. She’s not interested in flying a drone herself, she just wanted to know if there are any of a different sex other than males flying them, she’s nosy that way?
I over heard an alien chat saying that it's harder to abduct female pilots now that we have drones.

Reactions: ATW
Me! :) 30, GTA, predominantly Oakville - currently earning my Advanced drone license

My wife and colleague, who is beyond brilliant in everything she does. Whereas she doesn't technically operate the drone or do the filming, she's equally responsible. She's fully involved in pre-flight, all decision making, including how and where to fly, and she is an incredible spotter that I would be lost without in many situations. We act as one. And, although she's not physically big, she carries up to 40kg+ (or 90lbs) of professional equipment over long distances as and when necessary. She has similar good looks to the Israeli actress, but we've all being calling her Wonder Woman long before the movie of the same name came out.

Of course there are. I'm a female and 70 years old and have been flying for 7 years. I currently have the MA2 and MM. I'm surprised I don't see more people frying drones out there. But all the other people I know that fly are all guys.

I bought my first drone a zino pro , my wife had the MA2 I was skeptical about buying one as I wasn’t a big fan of the geofencing. After seeing it wasn’t a real problem to fly anywhere. I bought another MA2 and she schooled me on the MA2 . She’s a great pilot and we always fly together.

Well, 2 years ago I was watching 2 ladies with a phantom drone @ the nigartsbreen... i was flabbergasted with the results...so i thought that's what i want.....thanks ladies......

Reactions: ATW and lowellton
I’m in my early 30s. Mostly use my drones to get cool shots on vacations. I’ve technically been flying drones for years but i don’t get much airtime because I’m a casual user and there isn’t much worth shooting where I live.

Female, 19, bought myself a Mini in 2019, really enjoy it. Looking to upgrade which is why I joined this forum.
Ariel

Female, 19, bought myself a Mini in 2019, really enjoy it. Looking to upgrade which is why I joined this forum.
Ariel
That's AWESOME!!

Did you see my post in the other "Female Droners" thread? Here's a link to it and I think you'd do well to follow those talented women.

Reactions: ATW and Thomas B
One of the main reasons I started flying was to capture images from a different perspective. As a drone photographer I'm always looking for creative photos - on Instagram I follow https://www.instagram.com/WOMENWHODRONE/ Excellent images there,
Hi, I'm 75 and a mostly retired photographer who did all the "people" work for years. I discovered nature and how to use all my training from the ground level. Covid required me to rethink my work. Last year, I bought an inexpensive drone to learn how to fly. I lost that one in the forest as a novice pilot, still, I was hooked. I have a MA-2 and watched a lot of youtube before I flew again. I have been amazed to learn how to fly, airspaces are controlled, and what the view above a snow-covered forest looks like. Sunsets are more amazing than ever for me. Thank you for posting the Instagram link :)

That's AWESOME!!

Did you see my post in the other "Female Droners" thread? Here's a link to it and I think you'd do well to follow those talented women.

I sure did, thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: Dawnvt and BigAl07
My missus is always droning on about something, does that count?

• Haha
Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev