DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Festival recklessness

It is disheartening to know that people act the way the pilot in the OP comments did. I know it is a utopian concept, but just because some CAN do something doesn't mean they SHOULD. SOrry to hear what happened because those kinds of things will put restrictions on new (and old) pilots like me who want to be responsible in good flying areas. I'd rather not be limited in where I can fly because of people who fly in those areas irresponsibly. I've read enough great posts on these forums by commercial pilots to recognize that the restrictions on where they are allowed to fly, initiated by reckless people, can be debilitating.

Reactions: Martin_D
i don't have to accept anything dude that's ridiculous. and i won't. you can cave in if you want to. but you'll be the first one to benefit from the hard work that others put in trying to save this hobby, won't you?
Well Dude… we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

Fine, sorry if it all upset you, my apologies.

Upset? I merely answered your "request" with facts. No emotion indicated. Just simple text reply to your request for additional censorship :)

It's all good.

Ok folks.... a couple of us are getting "personal" here.... We encourage debate and "Banter" but when it starts getting personal we have to draw the line. Keep discussing but take the personal aspect out of it. Warnings have been privately issued . . .

There is no excuse for irresponsible flying. Simple.
However, for all you know that pilot could have been authorised by the FAA/CAA or the airspace controller for the country you are in. Do not assume that because someone is flying low in a crowded area that they MUST be breaking the law.
Personally, I would not bne happy either but I would not assume that it was someone carelessly flying around.
Depending on the drone type (not all drones are regulated (<250g and all that stuff)!) it may have been perfectly fine anyway, even though you deemed it 'reckless'.

On the other hand, yes it is careless and reckless people that spoil it for the responsible majority. But mostly, thats the way the cookie crumbles!!

Reactions: Drgnfli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman