DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Few questions after first flight

him7403

Reactions
I upgraded from original Mavic air and definitely felt an upgrade! I'm so happy that the high pitch noise is gone ?

But few questions after my first flight.

1. The radar shows the drone behind me. If I turn my back to the drone then it shows in front of me in the new circular radar. Is this normal? The direction was okay though.
Attached image.
Screenshot_20200629-205743.png

2. Battery life was showing 20% remaining when 5 minutes of flight time was left. That means I'd get 25 minutes not 34 minutes! That was a blow. There was no wind, the condition was calm and quiet. How much flytime do you get with the air 2?

3. The phone didn't charge from the remote. Where to turn that settings on to charge my phone from remote?

[QUOTE="him7403, post: 1041754, member: 86718"
1. The radar shows the drone behind me. If I turn my back to the drone then it shows in front of me in the new circular radar. Is this normal? The direction was okay though.
2. Battery life was showing 20% remaining when 5 minutes of flight time was left. That means I'd get 25 minutes not 34 minutes! That was a blow. There was no wind, the condition was calm and quiet. How much flytime do you get with the air 2?[/QUOTE]
1. The compass in your phone is being deflected by the magnetic field created by something in your controller.
This might be solved by calibrating the phone compass while it's in the controller or by rotating the phone 180 degrees to put it's compass further away.
2. In your car, how you drive makes a difference to your fuel economy.
It's the same for the drone.
There will be a speed that will give maximum time per battery but flying faster will give less time.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
3. The phone can be set to charge in the DJI Fly app from the Control menu. Scroll down and you will see 'Phone Charging'. Just toggle the switch on to charge your phone.

25 minutes seems to be about the norm. I have no idea what ideal conditions you have to be in to get 34.

25 minutes seems to be about the norm. I have no idea what ideal conditions you have to be in to get 34.
DJI spell it out for the Mavic 2 pro in the specs.
Max Flight Time (no wind) 31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph)​
Max Hovering Time (no wind) 29 minutes​
Max Flight Distance (no wind) 18 km (at a consistent 50 kph)​
The Air 2 will be similar but probably a little less since it has a lower top speed.

DJI spell it out for the Mavic 2 pro in the specs.
Max Flight Time (no wind) 31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph)​
Max Hovering Time (no wind) 29 minutes​
Max Flight Distance (no wind) 18 km (at a consistent 50 kph)​
The Air 2 will be similar but probably a little less since it has a lower top speed.

I figure it's like a car's mileage:

I find that 25 minutes is a long time in the sky. That's more time than a 30 minute sitcom episode on TV (not counting the commercials/ads). Unless you are doing some long range thing, I find that much time more than adequate. Having three batteries ready to go, its hard to use them all up in one day (for me).

3. The phone can be set to charge in the DJI Fly app from the Control menu. Scroll down and you will see 'Phone Charging'. Just toggle the switch on to charge your phone.
That’s assuming the device is Apple

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe