DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File question:

DCinga

Reactions
Got my replacement Mini 3 Pro a couple days ago. Took it out yesterday for testing. (Using the sd card from the one I mailed back to DJI) Afterwards, I transferred a few clips to my phone. I was able to cast to my tv and watch, no problem.

Here is where I had a problem: I connected the M3P straight to my old desktop and tried to copy the pics and videos from my earlier testing. A window popped up saying that the files could not be copied.

Is this how it works? You have to transfer via the DJI App? I was under the assumption that I could take the sd card out of the drone and view the files right away through a computer...

I'll do some more file transer testing this evening. Was looking for some clarification.

Thanks,
DC

Is this how it works? You have to transfer via the DJI App? I was under the assumption that I could take the sd card out of the drone and view the files right away through a computer...
No .. you don't have to do it that way.
The fastest and simplest way to transfer files is to pop the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy to your computer.

Thanks for the swift response. I'll do some more testing and if it happens again, I'll come back with specifics.

Personally I think the simplest thing to do is remove the card from the drone and put the card in a reader attached to the computer.
Why waste drone battery powering up the drone to transfer images?
Aside from the above and apart from checking for any sensible problems that people might suggest, try to check for unexpected problems such as firewalls or anti virus stuff blocking connections.

Last edited:
Tried that as well Pud, good suggestion.

Just getting into the hobby and working with an ancient PC. Will be getting a modern one very soon. Plus, was pretty tired last night so I was most likely doing something wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli