DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming and SD-card issues

Gaarten

Reactions
Hi all,

Today I got my new drone. I experienced some issues.

1. Sometimes my drone does not recognise the SD-card. The app shows the notification: SD-card problem (malfunction code 10023). If I restart the drone this problem is fixed in 50% of the cases. But I want to get rid of this problem. What should I do?

2. If the drone recognises the SD-card, in 50% of the cases I can film. In the other 50% I can only make pictures. If I press the filming button it will film for 1 second and then stop. What can I do to fix this problem?

Kind regards

Are you formatting the card in the drone?

Reactions: old man mavic
How do you format the SD card in the drone?
You can do it from the video settings section in Go4 - but I'm not sure where the equivalent is in the Mavic Mini's control app'.

This video shows where the SD card can be formatted from the DJI Fly app ... around the 3:20 mark ...

This web page may also be helpful ...

Have you tried another SD card ?
What type of card is it ?

I also had a similar problem. I used cards that I use in the mavic air and the mavic platinum, thinking they would be perfect. Well it wasn't. It seems the mini is pickier than those two. I ended up purchasing one of the recommended cards and have had no problems since. Here is a link to the mavic mini specs. The card specs are towards the bottom of the list. Hope this helps!

The Mavic Mini manual states the following:

SD_spec.jpg

i use a SanDisk extreme 32GB U3 with no issues at all and always format the card in the drone before i start the days flying

Reactions: WooZie
So my issue is that I have a sandisk extreme pro inserted and formatted. At some point whilst flying and just before starting to record the storage location seems to default to internal storage without my intervention. Then when that fills up it prompts me to swop to the SD card. This issue only started when I started using the smart controller but that could be coincidental

Last edited:
So my issue is that I have a sandisk extreme pro inserted and formatted. At some point whilst flying and just before starting to record the storage location seems to default to internal storage without my intervention. Then when that fills up it prompts me to swop to the advert card. This issue only started when I started using the smart controller but that could be coincidental
Are you sure that the card is not a fake? When it switches, does it record properly?

So my issue is that I have a sandisk extreme pro inserted and formatted. At some point whilst flying and just before starting to record the storage location seems to default to internal storage without my intervention. Then when that fills up it prompts me to swop to the SD card. This issue only started when I started using the smart controller but that could be coincidental

Doers the Mini have internal storage?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78