DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filmora 9 Keeps Crashing

markvr123

Reactions
Hi All. I have just downloaded Filmora 9 following loads of recommendations. I watched the tutorials, etc and it looks great! Unfotuntely, each of the three times I have gone to use it, it has crashed resulting i me losing the video I was creating! Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this? Please heeeelllppp!

There is an auto backup setting in the preferences, set it to auto save every two minutes. That should help you recover without much loss in future but meanwhile the constant crashing could be a corrupt installation. Doesn’t say if you on windows or Mac but a full removal and re-install could cure your issue. Maybe Google for your operating system how to do complete removal of the program and then go again after rebooting.

Did you check the specs to see if your device has what it takes?

Then always check your video driver to see if it is up to date.

There is an auto backup setting in the preferences, set it to auto save every two minutes. That should help you recover without much loss in future but meanwhile the constant crashing could be a corrupt installation. Doesn’t say if you on windows or Mac but a full removal and re-install could cure your issue. Maybe Google for your operating system how to do complete removal of the program and then go again after rebooting.
Thanks. I've removed, rebooted and reloaded it.....fingers crossed now.

I have the same crash experience with a variety of editing software. Decided to upgrade from 16 GB to 32 GB RAM and solved the problem. Regardless of what the software specs recommend, ( My experience ) seems more RAM may have the greatest positive improvement on performance.

I have been using Filmora9 for over a year and like it. I run it on my HP i5 desktop and up until recently, it has worked without a problem. Recently, after doing a software update, I will get a message to check/update my video driver. When I haven't checked/updated, I've had the program stop working and close. I then update the video driver and everything works fine again.

As with any video production program, it is wise to increase the base RAM (usually 8GB) to 16 or 32. Be sure to follow the laptop (most commonly used platform for home users) manufacturer’s recommendations. As an added safety, learn how to open the laptop casing itself and double check. Before changing anything inside always disconnect the internal battery connected first. Handle components with care! I recently upgraded the RAM in my Dell G3 to max of 32Gb. Resulting in far, far less swapping of data and smoother operations. Original base was 8GB. Made a world of difference. I can now run Wondershare Filmora9 and Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements 2020, and DaVinci Resolve 16 with no lag for swapping. And still keep my base windows loaded. Not all at the same time of course!

Hi All. I have just downloaded Filmora 9 following loads of recommendations. I watched the tutorials, etc and it looks great! Unfotuntely, each of the three times I have gone to use it, it has crashed resulting i me losing the video I was creating! Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this? Please heeeelllppp!
You're gonna need a bigger boat!

e.g..: faster computer with more RAM would be my guess if all of the other suggestions (e.g.: delete and re-install) do not work. I had a Dell PC for many years. About Two years ago I switched to Apple. First the laptop, (MacBook Pro-oaded) then the iMAC (also laded). I now have very little trouble with video editing using Premiere Pro. For creative arts MAC handles things better in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Looks like 'I'm going to need a bigger boat'! My Dell laptop only has 8GB of RAM and, according to Dell's website, this is not upgradeable :( I've done everything else suggested, but to no avail. I guess i'll just have to soldier on until my laptop needs replacing.

Thanks to all for all your help.

Looks like 'I'm going to need a bigger boat'! My Dell laptop only has 8GB of RAM and, according to Dell's website, this is not upgradeable :( I've done everything else suggested, but to no avail. I guess i'll just have to soldier on until my laptop needs replacing.

Thanks to all for all your help.
That explains everything.
Always check the requirements to run the software.
It is almost always on their website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka